Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need southern Arizona scenery

Default Need southern Arizona scenery

A friend needs a second wedding box. The first was for local and were into wine so grape vines worked. This one is for ATVers in southern Arizona. I can't find a decent ATV, rocks, mesquite bush etc. I have a few items shown. I what to make a nice scene on the top, back and both ends. The front has roses and wedding rings (needs the 1/32 bit).
    Thanks
    Clint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desert paterns.jpg  
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Default Desert Objects

Here's a few items that may fit the Arizona desert theme.

Why the trailer you may ask? When our kids were young we went back a forth many times between our place in northern California and our place in Quartzsite AZ. On one trip my two young kids asked in unison...why do people in California live in houses and people in Arizona live in trailers? I had not made that observation but in subsequent trips it appeared thet were correct. So what was my wise parent answer? Uh...I guess people in Arizona like to travel more than the one's in California....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Ron. Those are good quality patterns! Now I need some rocks or a stone wash. I will post pictures here when I get something put together,
    Clint

Clint,

Had a little fun with it. Changed the perspective on the atv and had it simulating a jump over some rocks. I then used the bas relief on blender to flatten it out and then changed the contrast in Corel (I still can't figure out how to install the bas relief blendercam version so using the old node version of bas relief).

The skull is not part of the pattern but added it to see how it would look. If you start adding some of the other elements it may start looking like Arizona (maybe).

- O

P.S. let me know if you still need rock patterns and I will post some.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW jumping atv.png  

Oscar,
    Is the anyway you can remove the background above the rocks? If you are using ShaderMap you can, in Pain.NET, color that area a darker color - magic wand and fill. Or could you send an MPW file so I can do that in Pattern Editor? I generally like the pattern, but the depressed area around the edges of each item don't look right. This is for a wedding box for not a small amount so it has to be perfect.
    Thanks
    Clint

Clint, sorry just got back from work. Little frazzled. The weather is horrible and it was bumper to bumper with semi's on the road. Not sure if they are all detouring the southern flooding but making traffic suck up here. Well wishes again to all the folks in that mess. As of yesterday there were 20,000 people displaced. Don't know what it is today.

I tried uploading the mpw files but got an error. I can't remember if that was an unsupported file type so just enclosing the patterns.

If you have a specific type of rock or rock formation you need let me know.

And good luck on the project.

Regards,
    Oscar

Thank you Oscar, those are great. When I get it designed I will post it.

You have flood we have fire - send some of that water this way.
    Clint

It if done, thank you all for your help. I used poplar with Min-Wax cherry stain and it looks like mesquite. ther is weathered wood texture behind the lettering front and top, and inside the lid instead of my usual quilt pattern.
    Clint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3866.JPG   100_3867.JPG   100_3868.JPG   100_3869.JPG  

Clint,

Wow. That came out great. I am sure they are going to love it.

That is way "cool." A beautiful box that will certainly be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast