Thread: Practicing What Was Learned at the Conference

Default Practicing What Was Learned at the Conference

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160725_165108304.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	4.59 MB 
ID:	81424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160725_165141125.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	81425
    After spending six long weeks incarcerated in a cervical collar and not able to lift anything heavier than a chihuahua, I finally gained my freedom last week and was able to get back in the shop.

Earlier this year I had rescued what was left of a 10' X 4' sign not knowing what I was going to do with it.
    I was made of tongue and groove pine with blue, purple, and gold stain on it.

Watching the DXF presentation and project at the conference I had a pretty good idea what I could use it for. I had a customer wanting a sign for their lake store.

I cut all the boards in a jig. One board got off by 1/2 inch (don't know what I did) which presented a challenge since these were already stained but the woman at HD was able to match the stain and I was able to rip a half inch and use a router to cut a new groove and clean it up.
    The pictures are the finished project and what is left of the original sign I salvaged.

Yes, that is a llama or "Pasture Poodle" as we call them.

That came out great and looking at what you started with I can say it came out spectacular. Very creative.

- O

That turned out great. I like the rope it high lights the sign
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Thanks! I think this would make a pretty cool table with an epoxy coat. I have not used the stuff, does anyone have recommendations on brand/type?