Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head way off level

1. Default

I had a similar problem where the gear under the machine slipped on the one side causing the head to be out of level. You need to take out the tie rod underneath and then turn the one side back down or the lead screw back up. Here is the PDF for how to do this.
    http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...level_head.pdf

Yes, Rob. That was one of the three PDF links I already provided for him earlier in the thread.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

Oops. I missed that you already provided that. I just had this problem with the head being 1/4" higher on the one side so I responded quickly without thoroughly reading every other post.

Ok guys, thanks I will try loosening the post bolts, take off the shaft. Let you know if it works. If it does I will have to find a way to hold the shaft up on the side where the plastic broke

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mulgrew View Post
    Oops. I missed that you already provided that. I just had this problem with the head being 1/4" higher on the one side so I responded quickly without thoroughly reading every other post.
    I do that pretty often myself. Don't worry about it. We are all very eager to help our fellow carver!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I managed to get the head level. Then I needed to repair the plastic base where the screw goes in to hold up the shaft. I tried to JB weld the broken piece but that didnt work to well. So I made a brace from a strip of steel about 3/8" wide. Cranked the head up and down a few times but the head didnt want to stay level. I readjusted it and it seems to be staying level. I ran one project so far and it went ok. Hope it continues. Thanks Guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12