Thread: 7" rule

1. Default 7" rule

If my pattern board is 48" long but the carving area is only 36" long do I tell the machine to stay under the rollers or not?
    Thanks for the info.

That all depends on what your design board length is for the most part. If it is 48" and you say yes to staying under the rollers the machine will add 7" and will be looking for a board that is 55" long. Since your carving area is well under the 7" rule I would suggest to saying NO. If you design as 48" and the machine sees the board less than 48" it will ask if you want to scale it. Always say no. To avoid this scaling prompt set your design size a few fractions less than the actual board and have it placed on center.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLMAN7353 View Post
    If my pattern board is 48" long but the carving area is only 36" long do I tell the machine to stay under the rollers or not?
    Thanks for the info.
    Thank you fwharris, that's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.