Thread: Close Cover even after new installed

Default Close Cover even after new installed

Running 1.187 on a "C" machine with 420 hours on this machine (I have 5 machines). I am getting a "close cover" message and I have replaced both switches with different ones from another machine and went so far as to short out the circuit to fool the machine into thinking the cover is always closed. Still getting the message. Obviously I cant proceed with this machine until I resolve this issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

John

Did you go through all of the troubleshooting?
    http://support.carvewright.com/pleas...cover-message/
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

After all else fails, disconnect the FFC ribbon and see if that changes the message. Shorts to the 5V system in the carriage have been known to cause the message.

Yes, went through all the trouble shooting no fix. I will try the FFC Ribbon and see if that helps. Thanks

First thing I would check is that the white wire in the switch bundle is facing the center of the machine... I have put my plug in 180 out... Yes, you can force it.... and the indication is 100% open cover.... So try that first...

Second if that is correct... Call up board sensor with a board cranked down and a sheet of white copy paper on it and the head over it. 160 is a perfect reading... ZERO not so good... I had 2 machines that I let the board sensor wires pinch by pulling the lower cable down while changing the board sensor. It shorted to ground the 5 volts and gave me 100% open cover and a ZERO Board Sensor reading... If it is shorted you can un plug it on top and do the "Butt Floss" trick.... Remove board sensor and tug up and down.... And if un plugged, the board sensor should work again...

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08496_WEB.jpg   DSC08503_WEB.jpg   DSC08507_WEB.jpg   DSC08502_WEB.jpg  

DSC08509_WEB.jpg   DSC06659a_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-25-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com