Thread: Scanning only the outside of an Item

1. Default Scanning only the outside of an Item

I am new to scanning with the probe so please bare with me. I am looking to just scan the outside of an item. I have a puzzle piece picture frame that I just want to scan the outside part of it. I am looking to reproduce the pieces but I do not want to take the 8 hours to scan it. Can you please let me know if your are able to just scan the outside part and not the whole thing. I guess I am just trying to make a "cutout".
    Thanks in advance for all of the help.
    Joe

Joe,

You will have to scan the full frame. If there is not much for detail on the frame you might be able to reduce the scan time by going to a lower quality on the scan.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by josephahoffmann View Post
    I have a puzzle piece picture frame that I just want to scan the outside part of it. I am looking to reproduce the pieces but I do not want to take the 8 hours to scan it.
    Joe
    I'm not sure that I understand the picture frame part, but if you are trying to reproduce puzzle pieces as cutouts, I suggest scanning the pieces with an image scanner, import the image into Designer to make a pattern, place the pattern on a virtual board, and use the Outline Pattern tool.

I am new to scanning with the probe so please bare with me. I am looking to just scan the outside of an item. I have a puzzle piece picture frame that I just want to scan the outside part of it. I am looking to reproduce the pieces but I do not want to take the 8 hours to scan it. Can you please let me know if your are able to just scan the outside part and not the whole thing. I guess I am just trying to make a "cutout".
    Joe
    I'm not sure what you mean by a Puzzle piece picture frame. Does it look some thing like this?

All you would need is a line drawing of a puzzle piece to make a carving pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails puzzle piece picture frame 2.PNG   13652-blue-border-puzzle-piece-design_vectorized_SPEC_DISP-cw.PNG   puzzle piece picture frame.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 04-20-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Joe
    You can take a picture of it, import the picture for tracing and use the drawing tools to trace the outline of any or all parts. You will need Designer 3 to do this.
    Steve