Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern for patterndepot

Robert, Suzanne, thank you both.

If anyone ever wants to buy it, as always please download to test if the pattern will work for you before actually purchasing. From the test carve I can see it wants to be a larger carving project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4292.JPG  

Oscar,
    I agree with everyone else, your getting better with every pattern...
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Gary, thank you for the kind words. Still feel like a newbie. Every time I open the software I learn something new.

Really pleased with this pattern. Test carved in oak so details are a bit hard to make it on the picture. The picture does not do the carving justice. First one is a corner block and the second is done as an applique to glue on a larger piece. I'll throw both in the pattern depot.

Also with Halloween around the corner I'm starting to get some practice in. Made a demon bicorn for my personal library.

I'm sure I will have more demon clowns this year again as we get closer to the holiday. scarrryyyy.

P.S. Stained the corner block colonial maple and three coats of lacquer. The detail shows up a little better. I should mention it was carved 5"x5" and .5 deep on normal. It was under an hour carve. Oak is a great material but it is not a great carving wood I am seeing. I just didn't have a piece of black walnut that was wide enough and I was too inpatient to glue up a board. Cherry would be another good choice with a dark stain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lion head corner block.jpg   CW demon bicorn.png   CW lion face corner post.png   IMG_4349.jpg  

Last edited by oscarl48; 08-06-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Very impressive work!!! Thanks for sharing!

What is your store name?
    I have looked for Oscar and couldn't find it.
    John

John,

I just realized I don't think I have ever added my store name to the search words. My vendor name is OLG WoodWorks and OLG WoodArt but I did a quick search for them and only my Pike comes up. But I am the last vendor if you bring up the vendor page (at least when I look).

Oscar

The hops and vines thread inspired me to try my hand at creating a related pattern. I am a huge fan of the vectorart3d art. Usually I am drooling at the skill and composition of their patterns but for some reason their hops and vine patterns didn't really call to me. So wanted to build something more in line with my tastes. I still have to test carve to ensure there are no issues.

P.S. Finished the test carve. Carved pattern at 7in x 6in at .25 depth 100 height on normal which took 29 min. Will recommend adding a small draft if carving this small or smaller. Will submit today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hops and vines.jpg   CW hops and vines.png   test carve hops and vines.jpg  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 08-31-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Cleaning out my folders and found this pattern I built for a friend. Throwing it into the depot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW cute giraffe.png  

Another batch of patterns going into the depot. Did a batch test carve. The antlers have to be softened a bit since I did have a little bit of tear out at the ends. Otherwise good to go.

From left to right: communion cup, champagne and flutes, modern camera, modern tractor, running deer, off road tire. The board is 7"x24" for comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW test carve batch.png   CW batch test carve.jpg  

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast