Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sent machine back

Default Sent machine back

Hey just to let you know my Carvewright has smoked programmer cards since the day I bought it. New cards were sent right off the bat. New programmer was next. I bought a few addition cards. Still smoking cards. Some right out of he box. some after I used them once and then tried to add another project to the card. POOF, it would be blank and corrupt. So Yes I made a few projects. I got new cards (2) from Chris last week and uploaded a sign with my name on it. 36x6. Set up the machine, Started to cut, poof, the machine stops and notifies me "card is corrupt, press any button to abort. well. I called Chris and we concluded the machine needed o be returned. I packed it all up. Machine, Cards, and card reader. UPS charges me $191.53 to return the machine and Carvewright will charge me $85.00 to get it back. I called UPS about the huge difference in the shipping price and they tell me Companies get about a 50% discount for bulk shipping among other perks. I'm ok with that, They should. I also own a triton boat. BOAT stands for Bring Out Another Thousand. I'm wondering if there should be some acronym for Carvewright. With additional tool bits, Dust collector, project cost, etc this is becoming a very expensive hobby. Maybe I over stepped my limitations and budget. Any body got any input as to what my problem may be.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kwbcpastor View Post
    Hey just to let you know my Carvewright has smoked programmer cards since the day I bought it. New cards were sent right off the bat. New programmer was next. I bought a few addition cards. Still smoking cards. Some right out of he box. some after I used them once and then tried to add another project to the card. POOF, it would be blank and corrupt. So Yes I made a few projects. I got new cards (2) from Chris last week and uploaded a sign with my name on it. 36x6. Set up the machine, Started to cut, poof, the machine stops and notifies me "card is corrupt, press any button to abort. well. I called Chris and we concluded the machine needed o be returned. I packed it all up. Machine, Cards, and card reader. UPS charges me $191.53 to return the machine and Carvewright will charge me $85.00 to get it back. I called UPS about the huge difference in the shipping price and they tell me Companies get about a 50% discount for bulk shipping among other perks. I'm ok with that, They should. I also own a triton boat. BOAT stands for Bring Out Another Thousand. I'm wondering if there should be some acronym for Carvewright. With additional tool bits, Dust collector, project cost, etc this is becoming a very expensive hobby. Maybe I over stepped my limitations and budget. Any body got any input as to what my problem may be.
    I have shipped several machines to the east coast and the west. I have never paid more than $95. If you box it yourself and pay online you get a much better price. Many people take there items to a ups store or other pack and ship places and there is a good upcharge for doing that. Sometimes I buy stuff from others and I can easily tell if they are charging me shipping from a pack and ship store or if they are shipping it themselves. Its funny if you buy bits or other very small items from carvewright 3 times in a year you will pay as much as 33% of what it costs to ship a whole machine.

Call Carvwright and ask about repair shipping both ways , they will schedule a UPS pickup for you

Repair Shipping (Both Ways) - Please be advised that cancelled or changed machine shipping orders will be assessed a $25.00 charge.
    Documentation:
    Machine Packing Instructions (Link)
    $170.00 1 $170.00

They did not offer or inform me of this. They just ask that I return the machine. Oh well live and learn. I do wish now that I had asked for a return shipping label.. ):

Did not know, they did not offer. Sad, Guess I should have done this research ahead od time. MY loss!

Thanks this is invaluable link. I was not informed of this page during my conversation guess it was my responsibility to remember I had read this when I bought my machine back in November. I was truly overwhelmed with information and manuals and duplicate stuff. I packed it pretty close to these instructions , all original packaging etc.

I would have an Electrician look over your Wiring for your machine.... A Miss Wired Outlet can wreck havoc on electronics.... and be dangerous.... I know you are likely rolling your eyes at this suggestion.... But humor me.... Get it checked out...

Another WAG....

Wild AL Guess....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ken I went back and listened to the conversation because of the shipping issue. You did volunteer that you would pack up and ship back to us using UPS. My rep should have at that point asked if you wanted us to handle the shipping. (Sometimes customers use their own UPS account.)

While listening, I heard you say something that may be the problem:

You were troubleshooting and said, "Turn switch off. Turn switch on. Put in card." Always, put card in or take card out ONLY WHEN MACHINE IS OFF.

That could be why so many cards have been fried.

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Ken I went back and listened to the conversation because of the shipping issue. You did volunteer that you would pack up and ship back to us using UPS. My rep should have at that point asked if you wanted us to handle the shipping. (Sometimes customers use their own UPS account.)

While listening, I heard you say something that may be the problem:

You were troubleshooting and said, "Turn switch off. Turn switch on. Put in card." Always, put card in or take card out ONLY WHEN MACHINE IS OFF.

That could be why so many cards have been fried.

Connie

Ouch.... Never thought to ask that....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks, I will remember that when I get it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast