Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sent machine back

No not really. I just want to be very careful about "VOIDING" warranty. I was warned several times that when shipping it back it had to be in the exact packing and box that I received it in. When they did get it back there was discussion on the warranty being active, after I was quoted a list of non warranty repairs. That was quickly resolved. I think they are trying to work with me at this point. I was told I bought the machine in 2001 when in fact I bought it in Nov. 2015 with an extended warranty package. I was told I needed to buy new Styrofoam because mine was cracked. I told my rep. that when I received the machine there was a hole in the box and the Styrofoam was cracked. well with return shipping ($191.00) that came to an additional $117.00. That comes to a total of $308.00 I have in shipping fees. I just don't know what to think at this point. I trust all this will wind up with me being very happy with my hobby.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kwbcpastor View Post
    No not really. I just want to be very careful about "VOIDING" warranty. I was warned several times that when shipping it back it had to be in the exact packing and box that I received it in. When they did get it back there was discussion on the warranty being active, after I was quoted a list of non warranty repairs. That was quickly resolved. I think they are trying to work with me at this point. I was told I bought the machine in 2001 when in fact I bought it in Nov. 2015 with an extended warranty package. I was told I needed to buy new Styrofoam because mine was cracked. I told my rep. that when I received the machine there was a hole in the box and the Styrofoam was cracked. well with return shipping ($191.00) that came to an additional $117.00. That comes to a total of $308.00 I have in shipping fees. I just don't know what to think at this point. I trust all this will wind up with me being very happy with my hobby.
    Wow, $308 in shipping fees! I would be through the roof! I hope it works great when you get it back.

Thanks me too.

Well I got my machine back. It works like a dream. A good dream. I have learned a few things about the carvewright system in the process of all of this. I went back to my days as a machinist and happen to recall that we had air conditioners on the back or our CNC machines. Hot shops make for bad operations. Well my shop is hot and I had my machine sitting on a pad to protect the top of my tool box. Bad move. My machine would loose it's mind and begin to cut it own design. It needs air movement! I took the pad out from under my machine and placed a fan nearby. No more running wild while carving!! I was excited to learn this. It probably says this somewhere in the pages of material I received with my machine but, I did not see it.
    Next ,I, along with many others on this forum had trouble getting a code 126,128, among others. I learned that is that if you have the carvewright system in the "on" when you insert the software reader card, you just corrupted that card. Yep, did it many times. Since I've learned to have the machine in the "off" position when putting in the card I have done many flawless projects. I think it's ok to have the card reader plugged into the computer before you "upload" but ,DO NOT HAVE YOUR MACHINE ON WHEN LOADING THE CARD TO YOUR CARVEWRIGHT! Since I have picked up on the two pieces of information, gotten me a dust port, and keep the machine clean it has been a joy to use my carvewright system.

Glad to hear you are up and running. Yes, from most all of us, it's a learning curve and ya take a lot of punches with it. But, once you have your own machine down pat, it's a dream come true.

You are so right. I've never been on such an emotional roller coaster! LOL. Well, for now I'm on the thrill of a down hill! I really wish I had someone close by to spend time with. There's so much to the carvewright that I don't have enough life left to learn it all.

I've had the "card corrupted" a while back so I unplugged the uploader, close Desiner, replug the upload, formatted and updated it. It solve the problem, for me.

Where you from, there may be a club or someone close. Most are very willing to help out any way they can.

Chester Virginia

By the way this did solve my problem. It's great to run smoothly and consistently on the carvewright system!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12