Thread: Circle

1. Default Circle

I'm trying to cut out an exact 4 inch circle only 1/32 deep to countersink a thin metal medalion. Is there a process that will let me use a square cut router but to do this. I think this may be referred to as a pocket cut. Raster is an option but afraid the angle will mess me up. Is there a pocket cut function somewhere or a way to create one.

Ed,

Use the drill hole, set at 0.031, and 4" diameter.

mpc attached....

Flying
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you want to ensure the medalion sits on the outside edge, you can drill two holes with the inner one being deeper, or drill the inner one and a cut path on the outer, insetting to acheive 4"..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails recess.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Brdad has a great idea to use two recesses so the medallion will set flat. You can achieve the same effect by just using two drill holes with different depths and the same center. Make the first one, copy, paste, then use the dialogue boxes on the toolbar to reset the diameter and depth on the second one.
    Steve

5. Default

Now how simple is that. When I saw drill I assumed a single hole through the board with a single but like using a drill. I never explored the possibility it would do this for me. You people are great. Thank you so much. I'm embarrassed I didn't know Something so simple.