Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rout Tool VERY slow in 1.187, better in newer versions?

Understood, but the rout tool is functioning perfectly (abeit slow) the way I have it at the moment, so as long as I can do these 6 more sections I'll be done with it. Anything else I need to do with this design will be much smaller so more traditional methods can be used.

I find it sad so much of the software (like the rout tool) is sub-par in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Actually, the route tool is something else altogether. It is the strangest tool that no one ever uses. You can assign different bits to different pieces of a vector. Not the friendliest tool either.
    Agreed, not so friendly, but it actually could be a great tool to make "dashes" with, which the vertical lines of the brick pattern are. One straight vector, so it's all lined up. It was just a bear to get all of those sections exactly .222" and get the bit assigned to the correct section. At least once I had one done correctly, the copy and pasting of the others went easy. If only it didn't stall for 4 seconds on every dash!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If only it didn't stall for 4 seconds on every dash!
    I bet that is because the software has a complicated subroutine to go through. It could need the user to change bits! It would have to check whether the bit is used elsewhere and so on....

I had the Rout Tool and the Edge Route confused. The Route Tool can be useful in some situations but most of the time I just draw separate vectors and assign different bits to each vector. In most cases I think there is a little more transitional control that way.
    Steve

My opinion: the edge rout tool, rout tool, and the cut to length are all un-necessary for most of us.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I still have a lot to do, but the walls came out pretty well overall. Lot of carving hours though! I even carved some spiral stair treads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN4046 (Large) (2).JPG   DSCN4049 (Large).JPG  

Awesome dollhouse. Quite a project.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234