Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-axis stall, error e06-0303

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think having the exhaust hooked up to a DC system is ok if one is not pulling air out any faster than the motor fan is pushing it out. That exhaust is from the front motor fan which does not, on its own, pull air through the motor. I do not see any harm if you are just letting the motor blow its exhaust into your DC pipe.
    Berg, we can agree to disagree on using this method.

I still highly suggest a front insert.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    it then went to the other side of the workpiece and went down. Then I got a z-stall error, different this time: e03-0313.
    Now what?
    Was that a stall beside the board in the hole or on the sliding plate?

Since your dust system is poor and it seems that the stalls are inconsistent, maybe you should take a look at the z encoder disc. It maybe, as mentioned previously, that it is dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Berg, we can agree to disagree on using this method.

I still highly suggest a front insert.
    I was not suggesting that it even is a method! It does virtually nothing. I was just saying that letting the exhaust blow into a pipe was ok.

We do not disagree. Everyone should have a DC system which does work.

OK, tried it again. I put in the cutting bit and started the machine. It went through all the measurements. It then went over and touched the flapper, and proceeded to find the surface. I stopped it at that point to jog it over the board. It did this, and then went to the control panel side of the rail and went up and down a couple of times. it then went to the other side of the workpiece and went down. Then I got a z-stall error, different this time: e03-0313. I did notice some buzzing at the very beginning when it was starting to move the board through the machine, and also the first time it moved the cutting head down. That was only temporary.

Now what?

Where does one get a DC system as you described? I can leave my dust collector just hooked up to the exhaust, but not actually turn on the big dust collector.

I think having the exhaust hooked up to a DC system is ok if one is not pulling air out any faster than the motor fan is pushing it out. That exhaust is from the front motor fan which does not, on its own, pull air through the motor. I do not see any harm if you are just letting the motor blow its exhaust into your DC pipe.

Yes just an extension hose instead of the sock.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Where does one get a DC system as you described? I can leave my dust collector just hooked up to the exhaust, but not actually turn on the big dust collector.
    See the DC-INSERT ON THE DEPOT LINK in my signature...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

OK, tried it again. I put in the cutting bit and started the machine. It went through all the measurements. It then went over and touched the flapper, and proceeded to find the surface. I stopped it at that point to jog it over the board. It did this, and then went to the control panel side of the rail and went up and down a couple of times. it then went to the other side of the workpiece and went down. Then I got a z-stall error, different this time: e03-0313. I did notice some buzzing at the very beginning when it was starting to move the board through the machine, and also the first time it moved the cutting head down. That was only temporary.

Now what?
    So what do I do now??

Did it stall when the bit went down in the sliding plate hole?

Did it stall when the bit went down in the sliding plate hole?
    Yes, that's exactly when it stalled. Also, I typed the wrong error code. It was e06-0313, but you probably guessed that.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast