Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-axis stall, error e06-0303

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I have to ask you, if you have a dust collector, if so what are you using?

Agree based on the picture. A good deep cleaning while the machine is open would be a great thing to do..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Agree based on the picture. A good deep cleaning while the machine is open would be a great thing to do..
    I've tried my dust collector and a soft brush, but it can't reach everywhere. Would compressed air be a better choice. I'm a little leary of blowing something loose.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I have to ask you, if you have a dust collector, if so what are you using?
    I was connecting my shop dust collector to the exhaust, but have been advised that this is not such a great approach. I have always stopped the carving and vacuumed out the inside every 10-15 minutes, however.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    To save yourself some carve time make your cross shape a carve region and eliminate the rectangle carve region. Also set bit optimization to best for all of the elements, set the text depth to the same as the carve region with a height of 100 and small draft. Cut path max pass to .250.
    What a great idea. I should have thought of that.... duh!

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    I've tried my dust collector and a soft brush, but it can't reach everywhere. Would compressed air be a better choice. I'm a little leary of blowing something loose. I was connecting my shop dust collector to the exhaust, but have been advised that this is not such a great approach. I have always stopped the carving and vacuumed out the inside every 10-15 minutes, however.
    Yes you can blow the dust out with a compressor, just make sure it is not a high pressure. I turn mine down to around 20-30 lbs to make sure it is not forcing dust into components and blowing parts around. I also use a soft bristle brush.

The cut motor intake and exhaust port does very little for dust control. It is for cooling of the cut motor. A add on duct collection attachment (see link in my signature ) is the recommended option for the best dust control for the machine. There are several options including 2 from the CarveWright store and several carve your own that are shared here on the forum.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What a great idea. I should have thought of that.... duh!

Some times the not so obvious is not seen and by sharing your project on the forum you might get some pointers. I know I have received lots of great help by doing so..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

They have a two horse power dust collector at harbor freight for some where around $169.00 to $199.00... It would save you a lot of heartache on buying parts and troubleshooting... When I looked at your picture, there is a lot of dust in it...

I second the opinion on the dust collection. After adding the dust devil insert with a shop vac my occurrences of machine failure have mostly gone away.

I have been remiss on cleaning out the dust from my system. I now have a new 9 pound great granddaughter.

So, if I clean up the system, I fear that it will not correct the problem. the Z axis encoder was not dirty, but I gently blew it out with a can of computer duster.

I would almost consider sending my system in for an overhaul, but my wife got tired of seeing the box that I have saved... just in case, and put it in the trash..

If worst comes to worst, I wonder if LHR would send me a new box, with all supports, to send it in for a complete tune up.

Dave

I have been remiss on cleaning out the dust from my system. I now have a new 9 pound great granddaughter.

So, if I clean up the system, I fear that it will not correct the problem. the Z axis encoder was not dirty, but I gently blew it out with a can of computer duster.

I would almost consider sending my system in for an overhaul, but my wife got tired of seeing the box that I have saved... just in case, and put it in the trash..

If worst comes to worst, I wonder if LHR would send me a new box, with all supports, to send it in for a complete tune up.

Dave

See Here: http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=290 for shipping materials and here: http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=297 for upgrade information.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast