Thread: Leaf box is new project in the store.

Default Leaf box is new project in the store.

While creating the leaf box project I discovered some interesting techniques. On major thing, as you know projects are not upward compatible - designed in 3 can't be opened in 1 or 2 - But not true for patterns. You can use all the tools available in 3 to create a pattern and it can be used I 1.187. That includes vectors, textures, and the 3D tools. So when I carved the lid the first time using vectors, the machine went bizerk carving an extra triangle shape not shown in Designer. So I made the vectors a pattern and eliminated a few nubbins in pattern editor. I shaped the top and the bottom - front and back of each - in 3 and made each a pattern. I opened 1.187 and used those patterns to create the project. For the lip on the middle ring I used the path offsets to create parallel paths and then used sweep: corner to shape the lip and made it a pattern. So all the vectors for the mating top and middle lip are carved raster. You still have time to make one for Thanksgiving.
    Clint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Display.jpg   finished front.jpg   open 2.jpg  
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

2. Default

Just a hint, when ever you post something about a pattern or project you are selling you should post a link either to the item or to your collection on CW's site. The leaf box does look great.

Really nice project, Clint. Great time of the year to carve one. I hope it is a hit!!!
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Very nice project Clint, as always!
    Suzanne