Thread: Problem getting my project to upload

1. Default Problem getting my project to upload

Hi All,

It's me again (Loriblackdog), I have finished my project and I am trying to upload to my card and keep getting this message the flash device could not be intialized. Please ensure that the flash writer is connected to your computer and that a card is firmly inserted. You can also try removing and re-inserting the card before you hit retry??? I have done this about 5 times......Any suggestions, as always I appreciate any help you can throw my way.

Have a great Day

Loriblackdog

Try a different usb port.

I gave away a reader the other day and the first one I picked gave me that same message.... Sent him both... broken one too....

Could just be bad.... It surprised me as I got it with some parts years ago. First one I had ever seen that was bad. Having a good one or two made quick work out of troubleshooting... I would have thought it was a computer problem not a bad reader...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

If you have a second computer with designer on it try it on that one. If not then try shutting down your computer and restarting with the card reader unplugged. After computer reboots then start up designer and try plugging in reader again. If it still does not work then the most common thing is the usb cord goes bad. If you or someone you know can do simple soldering then get an old printer or mouse cable, preferably a printer since it has a thicker and more solid wiring. De solder the usb cable on the card reader and resolder on the new one. This works on 99% of bad card readers. Actually it has worked on 100% of the ones I have fixed.

When plugged in to pc, do you have the green led lit up on the reader?

Had the same problem the other day. Just blew in the jack end of the card to remove dust then worked fine.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Try a different usb port.
    All fix berg it was her wireless mouse was the problem all ok now
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I get these errors frequently on two different cards and on different computers. Rebooting the computer always solves the problem for me. I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware.