Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Z- Axis Stall E06-0313

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    You might have a dirty bearing. Here is a link to the repair documents.. The head cover removal is about 1/2 way down..

http://support.carvewright.com/downl...pair-documents
    I will try it in the am and let you know what happens. Thank you! (Fingers Crossed)

It appears that there is sawdust caked on the z axis gears that may be causing this issue... I am going to remove the z motor clean it up and bottom gear of z truck then try again...

With the Z- Axis Motor removed and all tension removed from z belt, I am finding the idler pulley to be nearly impossible to move by hand is this normal? If not any ideas how to remedy this?

Sounds like you have found the problem. I would take it off and clean it up. I have used a dental pick before to remove the retaining clip. Maybe use some oil or solvent to free it up first. (Put a rag around it and give it a shot of WD40?)

I have cleaned the z-rails, idle pulley, and all previously mentioned steps.... It is still failing and I am without a clue what is going on now?!? any ideas? I have a Rev B CarveWright with original chuck if that matters in some way i can not think of....Also felt I might should mention when it failed it was working on a project with a lot of rapid ups and downs... Please, help me I need this machine working right now...
    Last edited by waynedazey; 07-04-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: adding info

Have you checked the gears and bearing and how the motor mounts up to the gear box?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

There is a very small screw that holds a gard on the FFC, that when tightend tight can rub the back of the z-truck at different times...
    thanks so much!
    karl

Maybe it is time to look at the encoder disk under the rear cover of the z motor. It could be dusty or even loose.

So if you got the idle gear of the belt drive to turn that is 1/2 the battle.

Next it is very likely that one or all of the 4 roller rail bearings have become stiff. They need to be lubricated or replaced. Are they turning or just sliding on the rails?

A coating of rust/dirt/sawdust/pitch can build up on the round rails and make them wider causing the truck to stick. A tooth brush size wire brush scrubbing the rails AND the shoulders of the rails. As in the flat spot of the rollers bearings can touch a buildup of sawdust on the roller rails.

A single tooth may have snapped off of the Z Gear, I have had this happen and it is jamming the Z Gearbox.... Must remove the gearbox and gear to inspect.

The Z Motor may have gone bad... Have had this too... locks up and does not move.

Since this is a "B" I am assuming you have the 14 pin FSC Cable System. Look at the Z Motor connector and my picture. Should be the same.

At this point I would remove the Z Truck and lube the bearings... This is a task that can be a challenge... You need a thin wrench and a quality screwdriver to hold the screw head... Putting it back together it is a balance between getting the position correct as in closing the cam bearing and tight at the same time. If you turn too far.. You snap off the screw... Should be a PDF on that...

I am still confused if with no power, does the head move freely... A bad FSC Cable can cause a lock up of the head electrically...

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06653_WEB.jpg   DSC06656_WEB.jpg   DSC06659_WEB.jpg   DSC00486_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    So if you got the idle gear of the belt drive to turn that is 1/2 the battle.

Next it is very likely that one or all of the 4 roller rail bearings have become stiff. They need to be lubricated or replaced. Are they turning or just sliding on the rails?

A coating of rust/dirt/sawdust/pitch can build up on the round rails and make them wider causing the truck to stick. A tooth brush size wire brush scrubbing the rails AND the shoulders of the rails. As in the flat spot of the rollers bearings can touch a buildup of sawdust on the roller rails.

A single tooth may have snapped off of the Z Gear, I have had this happen and it is jamming the Z Gearbox.... Must remove the gearbox and gear to inspect.

The Z Motor may have gone bad... Have had this too... locks up and does not move.

Since this is a "B" I am assuming you have the 14 pin FSC Cable System. Look at the Z Motor connector and my picture. Should be the same.

At this point I would remove the Z Truck and lube the bearings... This is a task that can be a challenge... You need a thin wrench and a quality screwdriver to hold the screw head... Putting it back together it is a balance between getting the position correct as in closing the cam bearing and tight at the same time. If you turn too far.. You snap off the screw... Should be a PDF on that...

I am still confused if with no power, does the head move freely... A bad FSC Cable can cause a lock up of the head electrically...

Good Luck,

AL
    when power off the z axis seems to move fine, a bit stiff but I may be over thinking that because I have already lubricated and cleaned the four z rail bearings as well as verified they ar turning during the entire travel down the z rails. The bottom idle pulley was siezed greatly but not anymore. (removing that is a Pain in the Rump) I am going to take it apart again very shortly and check the gears on the motor and z gear and verify that they are all present. I have verified that I do have the 14 pin board. I guess if I can not find the issue there I will have to take apart the z-truck and from what limited info I have found I really wanted to avoid that....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast