Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Design this logo into 2 mpc's?

Default Design this logo into 2 mpc's?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nssp-sign-mont-oval 7-24-15.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	77226I believe this is an easy thing to do for some of you experienced pattern makers but I've never designed a project that has to be carved in halves. If anyone can help out with this pattern creation that would be great. If one of you guys who make professional quality patterns want to do this for me send me a PM with what you would charge. It needs to be in a top .mpc and bottom .mpc.
    The overall size needs to be 22" wide by 36" long. Its going outside and needs to be visible from the road so I'm thinking doing a outline of the top letters as large as possible and just a basic vector carve with a 90 v bit for the rest of the lettering? The logo can be adjusted as to make the oval and lettering as big as possible. The oval would just be outlined with a 90v bit, the brown on the sides of the logo would be a natural wood grain and the logo were going to paint in the green and white. I'll run it on the standard 11.25" width of store bought boards. Thoughts? Suggestions? Take a shot at it?
    Thank!
    Attachment 77227This is the pdf version, not sure how the quality of photos is coming out. I can a high quality version if you message me.

Here's your pattern and someone else will be able to set you up.
    I've never done big carves before so I'll let a pro do it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarveWright - [Untitled Project] 2015-07-30 14.04.09.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	77228
    Attached Files Attached Files

In order not to cut threw the lettering I used 2 of the 12" boards and 1- 6" board and made the pattern 21.75 x 36.00 ... I have been doing a few of the big carves.... I'm not tried and true, but its my best shot...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails big carve 1.PNG  

I read that (maybe incorrectly) as he wanted to do it in Centerline.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

That may be, Connie, but to work like he wants, and look professional, I think Suzanne's design would work better. Add medium draft and bit optimization = best. Easier to paint also.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I used zan29 pattern and added a medium draft I thought he was asking to make his pattern 22" X 36". Maybe I didn't understand what he wanted.

See what you think of these. I copied the original and it looks more like 22 X 33 not 22 x 36. The pieces are 11 X 33 with an extra 1/8" to spare on a 11.25 width board. You probably should use rails on each side to carve it. You can tweak bits and depths. (You should have told us what Designer you have. Important where text is concerned. This is 1.187.)
    Last edited by bergerud; 07-31-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm going through them now. I'm using 1.187 and I thought doing this as a centerline sign would save me atleast 16 hours of carving time. This is a double sided sign so there will be 4 halves.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    In order not to cut threw the lettering I used 2 of the 12" boards and 1- 6" board and made the pattern 21.75 x 36.00 ... I have been doing a few of the big carves.... I'm not tried and true, but its my best shot...
    Thanks for taking the time and putting together the .mpc's but I should of stated earlier and apologize for not that I am running Designer 1.187 and cannot open your mpc's.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    See what you think of these. I copied the original and it looks more like 22 X 33 not 22 x 36. The pieces are 11 X 33 with an extra 1/8" to spare on a 11.25 width board. You probably should use rails on each side to carve it. You can tweak bits and depths. (You should have told us what Designer you have. Important where text is concerned. This is 1.187.)
    They look really good and much nicer than I have been able to come up with. I'm just trying to figure out how to make the centerline text on the bottom to be larger without distorting it too much. It's under 2" in height and it probably wont be readable when driving by. I wish there was a way to trick the machine into using the 120 degree v bit. My friend runs the Shark CNC and uses that bit a lot and the letters are really wide and look nice. I would of paid him to run this one for me but his deck wont handle the 3ft length. A huge plus with the CW is the length it can run, if LHR produced a wider machine in the future it would be a huge hit. Well I know I would buy one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast