Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pattern Management

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    I don't have such a directory. I have multiple directories with patterns, probably my fault, since I have never really understood how the patterns are organized. For example, most of the folders have all the same pattern files, with a few differences. It's not a big problem, more of an irritation.

Dave
    The duplicates are do to you double clicking or trying to open the .mpn or .mpl files in that carvewright folder. As Dan stated you can delete any that have a number in the name.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

DO NOT GO TO C://Users/(your name)/CarveWright and click on ANY FILES.

Doing so duplicates it and messes up your software!!

You should only have ONE favorites, ONE surfaces, ONE materials & ONE basic file.

If you don't have multiple favorites in your Pattern Library (BLUE SHELL) then DO NOT GO TO THIS FOLDER as you can mess things up.

If you have multiples, then we need to make sure Designer is CLOSED. View the file DETAILS and look at the size. Keep the largest size favorites file (it has the most patterns). Move the others OUT of that folder and put on your desktop (drag them or cut and paste). You may want to create a folder called OLD CW FAVORITES and put them in there, in case there is a pattern you created that you will need to look for later.

Do not do a search on all files and folders for "favorites" as there are other named similar that have NOTHING to do with CarveWright. Our file is favorites.mpn.

If you have more than one surface, materials or basic, remove the duplicate.

You cannot open these files, attempting to do so duplicates them. You cannot manage your patterns in your favorites folder from this location. You can only do so in the Designer software under Pattern Library (blue shell).

If you have files that have numbers dot mpn (####.mpn), these are your pattern collections or libraries. Leave them alone.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12