Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CW not reading card

I would check the card receptacle on the machine for bent pins and saw dust or a loose ribbon cable to the receptacle. It could also be a bad controller in the machine.

Have you contacted CarveWright support for this issue?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    I pulled the plugs of everything else on the circuit except the dust collector, and I'm going to run it with the lights out to see if maybe it's a power fluctuation issue.
    I would not rule that out but I would think you would get a power fluctuation error.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    I would check the card receptacle on the machine for bent pins and saw dust or a loose ribbon cable to the receptacle. It could also be a bad controller in the machine.

Have you contacted CarveWright support for this issue?
    Not yet - The pins are in perfect condition, no sawdust (I keep it clean - no vacuum hozes, only compressed air at low pressure) I'm not sure about ribbon cables - where do I look?

You will need to lay the machine on it's side and take the bottom cover off. It will be the wide flat cable going to the card reader from the controller box.

http://support.carvewright.com/insta...he-controller/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I think the card plugs straight into the controller. It would be nice if you could try another card. Otherwise, you should probably send the card and controller to LHR for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think the card plugs straight into the controller. It would be nice if you could try another card. Otherwise, you should probably send the card and controller to LHR for testing.
    Good catch, I just saw my error on that..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

This is a let down. $60 for another card or shipping back to LHR (then another shipping charge to return it) I guess it's better than having to go buy another machine lol

Is there no user nearby who you could borrow a card from?

Is there no user nearby who you could borrow a card from?
    None that I'm aware of or have made themselves known to me. I'm not exactly in a large metropolitan hub, either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    None that I'm aware of or have made themselves known to me. I'm not exactly in a large metropolitan hub, either.

Closest one is Panama, aokweld.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast