Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CW not reading card

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Connie,

You must have it set the same place each time. No way to do that just holding it up in there as you tighten down, believe me I tried.
    If the bit in in the pressed on collet then you just insert the bit fully into the chuck.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd, the 1/16 cutting comes loose with a split collet.

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Floyd, the 1/16 cutting comes loose with a split collet.

OK FACE PALM! I just looked at it in the store. Then yes you should use the stop..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    OK FACE PALM! I just looked at it in the store. Then yes you should use the stop..
    Thanks I have some O rings here and I'll see if it's shifting during "finding" but I don't think that's the issue personally.

the O rings / stop collars are more for insuring that the bits are installed at the same depth each time they are called for by the machine. If installed at a different depth then you will get a bit install error message and will be asked to install it again or use current bit. If you select the continue for using the bit length it sees then it will go with the current measurement.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

the O rings / stop collars are more for insuring that the bits are installed at the same depth each time they are called for by the machine. If installed at a different depth then you will get a bit install error message and will be asked to install it again or use current bit. If you select the continue for using the bit length it sees then it will go with the current measurement.
    then there's definitely something else going on in my situation. I'll have to start another thread about it seeing as I was already chastised once by somebody for discussing something other than things directly related to the original topic of a thread in my thread about cut motor speed lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    then there's definitely something else going on in my situation. I'll have to start another thread about it seeing as I was already chastised once by somebody for discussing something other than things directly related to the original topic of a thread in my thread about cut motor speed lol

We do like things to stay on topic and try to discourage others not to hijack another persons thread with other topics. Doing so helps a lot especially when someone tries to do a search on a topic.

If you would like to keep a running log for yourself about your machine and issues you could start a "blog".
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Default CW not reading card

Agree Floyd. It's an organizational thing and assists other users, if they can find useful information in an order that makes sense.

There is a lot of information on this forum that so makes being a CW owner's life easier and enjoyable.

Start your own blog or thread. That's a great way to resolve this. "My Experiences as a Newbie". Maybe I should start a new thread. We gotta kick this place up and make it active again.

(There's also some misinformation and posts that walk the line.)
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 09-02-2015 at 10:44 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

We do like things to stay on topic and try to discourage others not to hijack another persons thread with other topics. Doing so helps a lot especially when someone tries to do a search on a topic.

If you would like to keep a running log for yourself about your machine and issues you could start a "blog".
    I can totally understand that. Is there an area of the forum here that I can stick a "log" thread of my own for that purpose? Sorry for hijacking this post too even though the issue was the same as the title. (the other post was actually mine, but I don't mind helping be more organized here)

I hope this link works... it is to the Blog Page

http://forum.carvewright.com/blog.php

on the right is a link to create a new post.

I haven't done one, but I think in the forum you can post that you added to your blog. Create a 2A "Blog" post in troubleshooting, and update the post when you update your Blog.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast