Thread: New 1/32

1. Default New 1/32

I just ordered the 1/32 carving bit for a small detailed carving I will be doing, I have searched around the 3.0 to find the settings to change it to 1/32 but I'll be dang if I can find it. I remembering seeing a post by Connie about it I think on the Forum but I'll be dang again. Cant find that.

So I'm rationalizing all this in my tiny brain, what If I change the settings to 1/32 bit and used the 1/16 instead. I'm assuming changing the setting will cause the machine to make raster passes twice as close and seems to my tiny brain this will also create a much smoother outcome. Anyone have a thought on this reasoning?

Thanks for the help

Board Settings.

I do not think the passes will be any closer together by choosing the 1/32" bit. The bit optimization, however, will be different. The 1/16" bit would cut away parts of the pattern that the software would calculate the 1/32" bit to miss. It would be smoother since details would be lost. I think it would simply defy the bit optimization and you would not get as accurate a carve as if the bit and software were matched.

3. Default

You are probably right. I will wait for the new bit to arrive, who knows when that will be. Thanks bergerud

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    I just ordered the 1/32 carving bit for a small detailed carving I will be doing, I have searched around the 3.0 to find the settings to change it to 1/32 but I'll be dang if I can find it. I remembering seeing a post by Connie about it I think on the Forum but I'll be dang again. Cant find that.

So I'm rationalizing all this in my tiny brain, what If I change the settings to 1/32 bit and used the 1/16 instead. I'm assuming changing the setting will cause the machine to make raster passes twice as close and seems to my tiny brain this will also create a much smoother outcome. Anyone have a thought on this reasoning?

Thanks for the help

to change to 1/32 bit you go to "edit",board settings,carving bit in designer.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

5. Default

Thank You bl

You are going to love the 1/32 bit for sure.

I HAVE 5 OF THEM STOCKED PILLED.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

The 1/32 is top notch for lithos
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    The 1/32 is top notch for lithos
    That is all I use for Litho's
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

I used best setting to get some small lettering on a small sign and it worked well.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

10. Default

Sounds like I'm on the right track.