Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z Axis Stall ERR E06-0314

I tried a few different heights and even put it down at 2" below the truck bottom. No stalls on either machine. Does your bit actually touch at the brass roller. Mine never touched.

As far as I understand my machine had the trouble that the bit was drilling into the plastic at the brass roller side. It's why I always do the change of bits as far as possible to the right on the Y axis so the motor has the time to spin down. (Having the dust extraction thingie installed helps in the way that it is hard to access the bits unless the Z carriage is far to the left or far to the right.)

What my machine does (both of them actually do the same thing is: spin the motor while homing Y to the left and then quickly move down while bit still spinning or almost spinning. It is so fast that I cannot see the bit touching, then it jumps quickly up. Then it comes down at a substantially slower pace. I believe it is at this moment the actual sensing takes place.

I actually tried to remove the piece of metal sheet that I have put in the place of the plastic bit close to the brass roller. That removes the stall error as well.
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Can you show us a picture of the metal piece as it is when the stall happens? Others have used a dime. It slides in under the squaring plate. Is your piece of metal similar to that?

Edit: Also, how thick was your board?
    Last edited by bergerud; 09-14-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Sorry for not replying earlier... Too little time, too much to do at my ordinary work.

Anyway, please fins attached a pic of my metal sheet. As you see there is a marking on the sheet from the cutting bit - and that is before I started moving to Z track to the faraway end when chnaging bits. The metal sheet is quite thin and if I remember, I glued it with a few drops of silicone to the underlying plastic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151002_074650-.1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	78115

As for the other question: the board was ca 18mm which translates to roughly 0.709-0.711".
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12