Thread: Z Axis Stall E06-324

Default Z Axis Stall E06-324

I had a Z Axis Stall err after resolving a close cover err. I changed the switch and harness and then got the Z Axis Stall err. After checking all the harness connections finally got the machine to run. I was carving a pattern that was .25" deep but the Carve wright cut to close to .5" and staid in the same area. After stopping the machine and moving to a different pattern to see if that was the problem I got the close cover err. I did order the head connector board and was going to replace it, but I got Rev B and I have a Rev A board installed. Any thoughts on how to proceed.

Loose cover screws or loose clear cover can cause the open cover... It may not always be the electrical.... I use what I call the "Seat Belt" on my loose cover... A strip of tape installed over the switch side of the cover with the cover open part way. When it is down it gets tight holding the clear cover to the switch.

The bit cutting too deep could be dirty rails or a bad FSC Cable or even a dirty encoder... Staying in the same place... that is bad... Could be in the X direction and the Brass roller or in the Y direction and a dirty Y encoder too....

Many unrelated problems.... Even a sagging flex and it catches the cover on the UP stroke and then goes DEEPER... See the bad FSC Cable.... If they short it causes problems... Even a frozen Roller Rail Bearing in Y or Z.... Lots to look at...

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02537_WEB.jpg   DSC07489_WEB.jpg   DSC03351_WEB.jpg   DSC03354_WEB.jpg  

DSC03367_WEB.jpg   DSC06551a_WEB.jpg   DSC01476_WEB.jpg   DSC01478_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-13-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al,
    Thank you. The cover is tight. Once I replaced the switch all I had to do was to close the cover and the error message went away. It came back after trying to execute a carving. The issue is that the machine is going well below the programmed depth and seems to hang up as a result. This happened just before I changed the switch. I suspect a bad board, just not sure which one and suspect as the machine is approaching 10 years old, that maybe some of he cables should be replaced. I checked both the Y and Z tracks they are clean and the truck moves easily by hand. It had no problems setting up for the latest attempt to carve. Again, still trying to figure the problem out. I don't use the machine all that frequently so any thoughts appreciated.

You may have the old 18 pin FSC Cable... It had thinner wires and a thicker wire 14 pin cable replaced it with new circuit boards on each end. Don't mix and match as you can short out the machine with wider cable pins in the thiner socket...

This could also be a loose Z encoder wheel... the clear wheel has been known to get loose and spin free. A small drop of glue will fix it.

You can test the encoder... Move the Z all the way up to the pin and hold. On the keypad get into the data menu and call up the Z. It will be 0000 where ever the head is when you turn it on as it is a counter. Move the head down and up many times and return to the top pin. If all is well you will return to 0000. If not... something is loose.... even a Z rubber drive belt...

In the pictures I call it a 16 pin but it is a 18 pin.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06291.JPG   DSC06680a_WEB.jpg   DSC06660_WEB.jpg   DSC06655_WEB.jpg  

DSC06656_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com