Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cribbage board hole pattern

Default Cribbage board hole pattern

I have a cribbage board hole pattern that is round to fit on a 15" diameter board. The pattern is in a bmpClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Cribbage_bmp_2.bmp 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	76309 file. Is there a way to have the CW machine drill all these 1/8" diameter holes?
    Rick P -- ( Designer v.1.187 + Rock + Dust Devil)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

Yes you can make 1/8 holes with 1/8 drill bit. You would need to add them in the pattern.

15" is just a little large. You might be able to do it. 14.5 is supposed to be max width. As for the holes, just manually placing on the bitmap may not be very accurate.

I cannot resist a layout challenge. This took awhile. (I can edit if something needs a change.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

bergerud you definitely do thing great! You are a great helper here for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    bergerud you definitely do thing great! You are a great helper here for many people.
    Amen to that, and that go for a lot of other folks on this forum.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

WOW...WOW...amazing !!! The only thing to change would be adding another 4 holes at the start. Cribbage patterns start with 2 rows of 4 holes. Each player has two pegs. I hope that makes sense. The needed row of 4 holes is at the bottom of the pattern, just to the left of the centerline. Currently you have one row of 4 holes in this spot.

How on earth did you do this so nicely ?? I tried to visually place a CW drilled hole over the faint image of a jpg hole, but it was very difficult to get them lined up straight by eye...in fact I think it was impossible.

Thank you...thank you ! !

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I cannot resist a layout challenge. This took awhile. (I can edit if something needs a change.)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

I should add...a St. Paul policeman asked me to make this cribbage board for his wife's birthday. I am going to carve the CW pattern of the NAVY seal logo in the center. This policeman's son is in the NAVY. I was almost going to tell him I just could not get the hole pattern to look good. Now I can get this cribbage made for the June 16 birthday. AGAIN...THANK YOU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Carver in Minnesota

I did not even notice the missing holes. (I am not a cribbage player) I will fix that when I get home as well as post the file which shows my method.

Thank you !!!!!!!
    Carver in Minnesota

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast