Thread: US Army MP emblem

Default US Army MP emblem

If anyone has a Army MP emblem it would be much appreciated. Making a keepsake box for a HS grad leaving next month. She will make a great MP!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Do you have a picture of the emblem. Prior Air Force, so no clue what the MP emblem looks like and a quick google search brings up more than on item.

Oscar

Thanks for the reply, but I found one. The one I needed was the cross flint lock pistols with Military Police on top and US Army on bottom. All worked out fine. Thanks for the feed back. Now.... time to get busy with the Keepsake box...
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Jerry you always do great work.

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    If anyone has a Army MP emblem it would be much appreciated. Making a keepsake box for a HS grad leaving next month. She will make a great MP!
    Hi; I saw your post the other day when I was spending some time in Gatlinburg and Nashville, TN; I got back home today and wanted to ask if this would work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US Army MP 3_vectorized_DISP+cw.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Default Crossed flintlocks in circle

After hours of total frustration trying to make an owl pattern I turned to something I could actually do. Created some quick models in blender 3d and ported to CW. The pattern is only of the crossed flintlocks.

Is there a way to decorate a circle with text and flip the text so its right side up on the bottom? I could not figure it out. Picture is of the pattern and my failed attempt to add text with CW. I can add the text in blender but would then make it permanent part of the pattern.

The pattern itself came out really well. Crisp without the need to optimize the pattern which is what I have been striving for but I'm hitting the limit of my home word processing pc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW flintlocks crossed.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    After hours of total frustration trying to make an owl pattern I turned to something I could actually do. Created some quick models in blender 3d and ported to CW. The pattern is only of the crossed flintlocks.

Is there a way to decorate a circle with text and flip the text so its right side up on the bottom? I could not figure it out. Picture is of the pattern and my failed attempt to add text with CW. I can add the text in blender but would then make it permanent part of the pattern.

The pattern itself came out really well. Crisp without the need to optimize the pattern which is what I have been striving for but I'm hitting the limit of my home word processing pc.

I just did it. You have to do a half circle, copy and paste it, decorate the bottom half with text and then drag the center point of the arc down until it is the same radius and the original, then position it properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 6.40.33 AM.png   Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 6.42.40 AM.png  
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Brent,

You rock. I messed with it for 30 minutes and couldn't figure it out. Thank you.

Oscar

Not sure if this helps but in the text tool I usually play with the value in the arc box and if I cut and past it when I'm happy with position then edit text and add a - before the arc value it works and positioning is usually spot on. Just another way to skin the cat, hopefully I'm not stating the obvious.
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

lol Nothing is too obvious to this cat. Using my 70s vernacular. I am still a basic user of designer so another great tip into the pouch.

Thank you,
    Oscar