Thread: Just Wondering

Default Just Wondering

Does anyone have an already made 12 point sprocket that they would share. I'm going to try to make it myself this evening, and I'll see how that goes,but why reinvent the wheel if someone has one already. Thanks in advance. John

Do you have a picture or other dimensions you are needing. It is literally a 5min build in blender to create and port into CW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12 point sprocket.jpg   12 point sprocketv2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's perfect.. thanks a million, I tried using the pattern along a trajectory but without any luck.
    Appreciate your quick reply.

I am just wondering John, is this sprocket for making your own "pie in the face" machine? And to other followers of this forum, John (aka Mr. Shreveport) posted a very funny video on Facebook of a machine that shows a game that plays Russian Roulette with a paddle full of whipping cream. He told me he was going to build one ... I want the pattern too!

Here is a sprocket generated from Gear Generator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12 tooth sprocket.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I downloaded and installed Gear Template Generator. I think it's the one Dan used and for $26 bucks it's a real gonga.

http://woodgears.ca/gear/
    Steve

It is a nice little program. I still have not gotten around to seriously making gears. On my list.

I bought that program and its a nice program. Of course after I bought it I discovered that blender3d has gear primitives as well. So blender 3d is another free option but the learning curve to do more is steep. Gear template generator is pretty much open program and start making gears (very easy to use). There are limitation with both depending on what add-ons you have.

I use Blender3d to export gears as stl into CW.

With gear template generator you can export as image, dxf, hpgl, sketchup, or cvs. None of which I can use expect for the image format into CW (don't have the add-ons). If you have the DXF importer it should work great for you.

Since I have to use the image import I don't have the same flexibility I do as compared with blender3d. What pushes me to learn blender for gears is the gear template program doesn't have the same capability to make cool designs into the spokes directly. Pretty minor since the gearing is what is important.