Thread: Anyone want to sell me a split collet?

1. Default Anyone want to sell me a split collet?

Edit - Found one elsewhere online, all set now!

I messed up and forgot to add a split collet to my order when I bought a decorative bit with a 1/4" shaft. Went back to buy it, and LHR wants $12 to ship it. For $12 it better come in a gold encrusted envelope, with a singing delivery man!

I would be happy to paypal or bitcoin someone $25 to mail me a spare split collet they might have. Plenty to cover the 10 cent cost of an envelope, and the 49 cent stamp. You make a few bucks, I save on overpriced shipping.

PM me, or reply. Thanks!

2. Default

Woodcraft has split router collets (1/4 inch). I think about $12 plus tax. I don't know if you can find one with the correct length but it may be worth a try.

This is normally a quarterly conversation. It's too soon to start it, again.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I believe that I have a spare split collet. I am out of town for travel and will check Saturday morning. Even with a Post Office "If it fits it ships" for 5 bucks you would be better off! I don't remember what I paid for it, but willing to make you a good deal.

Perhaps I should go to the usps website and have the FREE supplies (boxes & envelopes) sent to LHR?

Just checked the price on CW website... if I have it you can have it for the price of the collet. I am now heating up broken bits and reusing the standard collets.

The quarter is only 23 days old, not too early at all.
    Last edited by DianMayfield; 04-23-2015 at 11:26 PM. Reason: added cost

It was just discussed on the 10th of this month.

Hummm, we are shipping out 70 boxes a week at USPS cost. Takes 6 min to print a label, package and stack for post person. We look like heroes to our customers. If I can not make a $1.80 every 6 minutes building it into the cost of product (basic packaging person at $18 bucks an hr), we are doing something wrong.

Sorry, missed that April 10 conversation due to travel.

7. Default

Someone was nice enough to PM me an alternate location to buy one with sane shipping prices.

Lynn, maybe instead of snarky replies, you guys might consider that if you're getting lots of complaints about your crazy shipping prices, maybe you should change them? The vast majority of other companies manage to stay profitable without resorting to blatant profiteering off the cost of shipping, including the one I run from my house. I ship 36" dowels across the US for $5 in shipping and packaging. I bet you can ship a 2" long collet for less.

You cheapen your entire brand when you use the same tactics used by late night infomercials. Perhaps that's part of why large companies like Lowes and Sears don't want to be associated with you?

I really do like the core functionality of my carvewright. It's too bad your business practices make me despise your company.

Have a nice weekend.

Sorry, that you interpreted that as snarky. I know better than anyone that this has been a long running complaint, but I can't do anything about it, except try to explain and offer suggestions, such as order as much as you can at one time, because it is not the cost of the item that determines the shipping rate, but the weight. It doesn't go up again until it is over 3 lbs. For some it is a deal, for others...not so much. We don't make money off of shipping. Many months, we don't break even. I don't think too many people would be happy with us raising our prices on parts either.

If you guys would use USPS its one price up to 70lbs if it fits it ships. And I realize its not your fault or call on what to charge. They really do need to take a look at their price for shipping its way out of line. I am shipping signs I make with the carvewright cheaper.