Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bit wear on corian

Here's what I can do. I can make a couple of pieces of porcelain about 2in x 2in x3/8 in thick and bisque them. It will take several weeks to plan this and get it ready as well as a jpg image. You could make a small jig for it when you receive it and see if it cuts, I'll fire and post results.
    I saw a vacuum system for another cutter that enclosed the cutting head. It looks as it was made from heavy clear flexible plastic and had a skirt that allowed the enclosure to trail back and forth as the cutting head moved. Because of the design of the CW it would have to be a bit different but isolating the vacuum area to a small area around the cutting head would keep the dust from migrating to other parts of the machine. Just a thought
    Wyndham

Quote Originally Posted by wynpotter View Post
    I saw a vacuum system for another cutter that enclosed the cutting head. It looks as it was made from heavy clear flexible plastic and had a skirt that allowed the enclosure to trail back and forth as the cutting head moved. Because of the design of the CW it would have to be a bit different but isolating the vacuum area to a small area around the cutting head would keep the dust from migrating to other parts of the machine. Just a thought
    Wyndham
    Did you follow my link?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust Cap 1.JPG  

Thanks, no I missed it as I ran in from one task , grabbed lunch and out again to another.
    That looks like it will do the job.Just have to sell enough pots to start a new rabbit path, as if I don't have enough irons in the fire as it is.
    Wyndham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12