Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Roller error

Exclamation Back Roller error

I get this error when trying to measure a board at the beginning of a carving sessions. First time I ever got it....There is nothing in the manual with this error designation.

Does anyone know of this means a compression roller? or a traction roller? or ?

I've never run across these errors, after two years of, admittedly, light use. Anyone have a starting point for this?

Thanx, in advance.

jbm
    Thanx,
    jbm

error while measuring the board, with the board moving forward?
    A Series machine purchased in 2007
    had 30 minutes running time up till 2-13-15

Ring Neck Blues DC Insert (outstanding job keeping machine clean!), HF DC blower
    Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Pattern Sculptor, STL Importer, Scanning Probe, 2D Vector Drawing Suite, 3D Pattern Modeling Suite, Centerline text, Conforming Vectors, CarveTight Chuck, Decorative Bit set
    Universal Laser ILS series laser engraver with dual laser cartridges 135 watts total with 24" x 48" table and Class 4 module

On the keypad go to options (0 on keypad), go to sensors (7 on keypad), go down one with the down arrow. You should see the roller sensor screen, with the head up both should read disengaged.

If they do not read the same check this out as to how to fix it back up.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...surement-issue

Quote Originally Posted by jbmoran View Post
    I get this error when trying to measure a board at the beginning of a carving sessions. First time I ever got it....There is nothing in the manual with this error designation.

I've never run across these errors, after two years of, admittedly, light use. Anyone have a starting point for this?

Thanx, in advance.

jbm
    What is the exact error message and when does it happen? During the measurement phase the board has to leave the compression rollers, one at a time. When the board tries to go back under the roller an error can occur if:

1) The head pressure is too low
    2) The head is unlevel
    3) A long board is unsupported on the end that is hanging out of the machine
    4) The board is warped or twisted and the roller is catching on the high corner of the board.
    5) There is sawdust in the compression roller switch and keeps the roller from uncompressing
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-10-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jbmoran View Post

Thanx, in advance.

jbm
    Sounds like a stuck switch for the pressure roller. Squish the rear roller repeatedly up/down with your hand whilst blowing compressed air into the slight gap between the large washer and side end of that roller. Probably just some sawdust got in there and needs to be blown out. You'll know if you've been successful when you can hear a faint and consistent "clicking" noise when squishing the roller up/down.

Failing that, let us know. There are other possible causes, but blowing out the sawdust usually is all it takes.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

i usually just reach up in there with a finger or little screwdriver and unstick it, haven't had luck with trying to blow it out

The keyboard-->Options showed both switches to be 'Released".. However, I was not able to put enough 'jiggle' to the roller to change it to 'Engaged' of 'Closed'..
    That tells me switch is bound or broken..

Time to dig out the tools and start digging...

Thanx, all, for your replies and quick-turnaround time...

jbm
    Thanx,
    jbm

The is a little clip or switch that is supposed to be like an L sometimes it gets bent out of shape. Check it.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Here is a link to the Carvewright video that shows you how to clean the compression roller switch.

http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...ession_rollers
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast