I had a 3' length of 1x10 (0.75 x 9.25) board of pine from Lowes which I carved, and had a 8" x 24" rectangle plaque cut from it. I had made sure there was no noticeable cupping or crowning or other warpage when I bought the raw wood. After I carved it and had it cut out, it sat overnight in my cold and dry "shop" (in the unfinished basement here in Colorado). About 10 hours later this morning, I got it out to start finishing it, some sanding and staining.

And I noticed a very noticeable cupping - at least 1/2" and possibly a full 3/4" from the top/bottom edges to the center. Definitely would be noticeable if I gave it to my customer to hang on their wall. No way I can deliver it as is.

I have heard that with raw wood, one can sometimes use the method of putting a board in morning grass, and the dew will moisten the one face while the sun heats/dries the opposite face. But I don't know that this would work with a carved board, without causing problems with the carved region. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or am I going to have to get another board and spend another 4 hours carving this plaque again?