Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y Axis stall Err E05-0324

fwharris, thanks for the assist. Yes I tried doing the y axis test from the key board and also the sensor test manually. Both seem to be indicating no issues. The Visually inspected the y sensor wheel and seemed to have no slippage when I gently tapped the motor assembly (clear casing). I do not have any spare parts for the machine and will be on the phone tomorrow to order some of the high potential instigators of the problem. With 50 hours on the machine it should not be wear and tear so I am thinking electrical but you never know.

On the y axis test I got readings of A: 125.18 and M: 256.00.

You might want to check your y gear and see if you have a broken tooth on the gear that might be the skip your talking about.

Thanks for the advise. I went back this morning and checked all the gears. They all look good. Same error at about the same time. Right before it checks the wood height but after "finding the bit on the bit plate test" as it does its z height check at the left end of travel it moves on the y axis to the case and I get the error message.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    fwharris, thanks for the assist. Yes I tried doing the y axis test from the key board and also the sensor test manually. Both seem to be indicating no issues. The Visually inspected the y sensor wheel and seemed to have no slippage when I gently tapped the motor assembly (clear casing). I do not have any spare parts for the machine and will be on the phone tomorrow to order some of the high potential instigators of the problem. With 50 hours on the machine it should not be wear and tear so I am thinking electrical but you never know.

On the y axis test I got readings of A: 125.18 and M: 256.00.
    Stumped for sure now since the error does not happen during the Y axis test. FYI, the reported numbers are just numbers to us, not even sure the LHR techs can determine anything from them.

To check the the disc in the back of the motor you will need to remove the cover to do so.

More verification on the error and the positioning of the truck when it happens. Does the error happen while the truck is still in the up position or is it when the truck in lowered down to the board surface?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

This Y stuff is why I'm grumpy. After tearing my machine down three times I still can't carve - sort-of.
    I put in a test piece that was to have two 1/4" regions carved in it. Then the 1/8" cutting bit was to give it straight walls.

I saw that the regions were AGAIN starting in the wrong Y position, but I let it carve since my test was to see
    if the shallow region matched the cutout of the piece that was to be glued above it. When it came time to change
    to the 1/8" bit, I got that Y-error as the truck slammed to the keyboard side. It does not hold its Y position!
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Fixed. Thanks for all your help. The CW technician was also a great help. I have been working long days and getting home way after the CW shop has closed down so he sent me their troubleshooting checklist. It allowed to play and go down the list of things to check out.

For the y axis stall it was you fine gentlemen that led me to the issue. The y wheel sensor seemed to have a little bit of play so a drop of glue on the end and error has gone away. But, in me opening and closing the case and manually manhandling the truck in the y and z axis I then developed a z axis issue.

Again CW technician sent me their z axis troubleshooting checklist and that really helped. Tore apart the truck and discovered a nicely stuck bearing. It was moving under pressure while installed but as soon as it was loose it was evident it was really stuck. A bunch of WD40 and some soft pliers and a bit of muscle and it seems my machine is back in order. Of course it is now supposed to rain through Sunday.

Incredibly frustrating experience but in the end a good one. Feel like I understand the machine a little better and have no fear of tearing apart if needed now. The deep cleaning also seems to have helped. Running a little bit smoother.

Thanks again.

Thanks for reporting on the fix. Glad you are up and running again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12