Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: y error

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    When the machine was working I did two of the same projects One got done at 38 percent the second one I done got to 15 percent done before the stall I know it was because of the y motor I still got to go and attack the machine again, my question is can I just get the plastic gear assembly or do have to buy another motor?
    you can still get the plastic gear only already inquired
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Thanks Henry, That will save some money, I kind of thought they would. I got rid of my boat cause it was a hole in the water I'm begining to think the same on the carvewright. but I sure like the things it does ....I'ts a love and hate relatonship with my machine....lol

Allright, I'm at witts end, I have replaced all the parts that I know of y motor....belt...ribbon that goes to the z....I have done all that my knowlege knows, it's still doing a y stall on the panel side can some one help me before I replace all the parts on the machine... I have checked all the connections that I have missed with and all are good.

If using the user options to activate the Y truck, and you find that the position of the truck makes a difference, then the ribbon cable is about the only likely reason. Unless the bottom of the Y truck is somehow touching a bare wire in that area.

That is all that I can think of.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

5. Default

doc, I did miss with the ribbon yesterday I'll check it to thanks
    If the problem is when the truck moves to the keyboard side, look closely at the ffc cable while moving the truck to the keyboard side and back. Make sure the cable isn't getting caught in the fins of the heat sink on the Y motor. I have seen that happen and cause some of the issues you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    If the problem is when the truck moves to the keyboard side, look closely at the ffc cable while moving the truck to the keyboard side and back. Make sure the cable isn't getting caught in the fins of the heat sink on the Y motor. I have seen that happen and cause some of the issues you are having.
    yes, checked the cable to make sure that it was'nt catching on the finns of the y motor and to make sure that it was catching nothing in between.. I talk with Chris at LHR AND he said the termination board but it's is clean
    Last edited by aokweld101; 03-03-2015 at 01:58 PM.

I went back over the machine and nothing looks wrong, tommorrow I'm going to look at the belt again when trying to pull the y back and forth I might have missed up the teeth on the belt it's the best conclusion I can come up with.

I'm still having a y axes stall it moves freely by hand but when it goes to the panel side I get the stall I've changed all that I know to change... y motor, new belt and cut moter brushes.... since I all ready had it apart .....and made sure the y main cable was pluged in any one have this happen. Im lost... a new idea would be nice... thank you
    About 2 weeks ago I was having basically the same problem after replacing the bearings in the Y motor assembly. It would move to the keyboard side and then not do anything more. I double checked everything that I had unplugged and it all looked good but still would not work properly. Finally I unplugged the Y motor connection and plugged it back in, and it has worked fine every since.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I have done that to make sure my plug in was all in... the only thing that seems different its sluguish going to the panel side before it stalls.

I have done that to make sure my plug in was all in... the only thing that seems different its sluguish going to the panel side before it stalls.
    The only thing I can see that your gear on the shaft is slipping
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast