Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: y error

Default y error

I been having a time with my y error I changed the motor and when I started it up I have a y stall if the y is centerd on the machine before I can do the test it comes to the panel side and stalls. Can someone give me some help.

You have to describe more clearly what the machine is doing. How exactly does the stall happen?

Are you saying that you turn on the power and select y motor test and then it homes into the left side and stalls? Is that it?

yes, Did all the test and only one that works is the z... cut motor test do'nt work either when the stall occurs is when it goes all the way to the panel side
    Last edited by aokweld101; 03-02-2015 at 10:57 AM.

I am at a loss to explain that. The computer is supposed to be measuring the y motor current and know when it hits the wall. Reformat and re-flash the firmware. If it still happens it must be a wiring problem?? You could put the old y motor back in as a test. Maybe there is something wrong with the new y motor??

Allright Dan I know the gears in the motor are bad on the old one, I'm going to use another card and reformat the card and see if that works....thank you..

My ribbon cable slipped out of its connection to the Y-truck and gave me similar messages.
    See if there is a problem with the connection or the ribbon itself.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

doc, I did miss with the ribbon yesterday I'll check it to thanks

I'm still having a y axes stall it moves freely by hand but when it goes to the panel side I get the stall I've changed all that I know to change... y motor, new belt and cut moter brushes.... since I all ready had it apart .....and made sure the y main cable was pluged in any one have this happen. Im lost... a new idea would be nice... thank you

Check the connections on the circuit board where the y motor plugs in. It must be a connection problem somehow. Look closely and make sure plugs are plugged in right. Not flipped or bent pins?? Go back everywhere you have been and double check everything.

When the machine was working I did two of the same projects One got done at 38 percent the second one I done got to 15 percent done before the stall I know it was because of the y motor I still got to go and attack the machine again, my question is can I just get the plastic gear assembly or do have to buy another motor?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast