Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: error 126: flash damaged or cannot be written

Default error 126: flash damaged or cannot be written

Recently (mid-Feb), I attempted to upgrade the memory card to 3.102 and got an error 126: flash damaged (both green and red lights on USB programmer lit). I called CarveWright who said I needed a new memory card. The new card, when I tried to upload latest project, gave another error 126. This time Customer Service said I needed a new USB Programmer/Card Reader. But they were changing manufacturers and would have none in stock until mid-March. Does anyone in Northern VA area (NoVA) have a working USB programmer available for better testing? Any experience with troubled Programmer?

Quote Originally Posted by a-abrown View Post
    Recently (mid-Feb), I attempted to upgrade the memory card to 3.102 and got an error 126: flash damaged (both green and red lights on USB programmer lit). I called CarveWright who said I needed a new memory card. The new card, when I tried to upload latest project, gave another error 126. This time Customer Service said I needed a new USB Programmer/Card Reader. But they were changing manufacturers and would have none in stock until mid-March. Does anyone in Northern VA area (NoVA) have a working USB programmer available for better testing? Any experience with troubled Programmer?
    I'm over in Maryland east of Frederick. I drive over to Ashburn weekly for work. I might be able to meet and let you try mine to see if it solves your problem.

dave

Great! I'm home in Springfield for the next two weeks. ID a meeting point and time in Ashburn in a morning and I'll drive over to get the USB Programmer and return to that point in the PM. Them I'll have good evidence of the probable fix.

Now, the card is read by the machine (past projects), but will not upload from the computer. Huh.

I am having trouble with this to is it because of the dry air with static or a software or a software problem updating?
    Any one else having problem with this and cards.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

For Old Salt: My problem began as I was updating to 3.102, but it appears to be a hardware problem (per CarveWright Customer Service and my hardware indication [both lights on the Programmer were lit]). I then called up one of my old patterns from Version 1.186 and got the same "error 126" and the same "both lights on Programmer lit" indication.

For dltccf: Please indicate which software you are using (old 1.186 or new 3.102). Reply to a-abrown@cox.net for details. Many thanks.

I am running 3.102 this seamed to happen when I updated to.
    Gary
    OLD SALT

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

There were no changes to the flash programming between 3.101 and 3.102, fyi. This is probably a different problem. Some windows programs reset USB connections somewhat randomly (like Bluestacks). You may try booting your computer in "safe mode" and try programming again.

will give that a try thanks
    Gary
    OLD SALT

check your email. I sent you a message directly.

dave

My machine is new. Right out of the box I loaded the card. It had a shell on the card. I made the shell. Beautiful experience. I then came in and downloaded the software that came with the machine , Instructional Video and Project Designer 3.1. I then proceeded to upload my first project. Code 126. I tried everything I knew. Flash manager, new firmware, turn off , reboot. Nothing, Code 126 kept appearing and flash manager shows nothing on the card. Carvewright sent me a new card...Same error code126-127. Now they are sending me a new reader and new card. Has any one ever fixed this problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast