Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I make a pattern?

Default How do I make a pattern?

Working Bead.mpcI followed the tutorials by Michael Tyler on the 2d Software and made the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPC.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	74170Tag.mpcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	MPC without.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	74171

The first photo shows my carving list and a picture of what I want to accomplish.
    The second photo shows what is achieved when I take photo and save as a pattern. Somehow I loose the drilled hole and the cutout.
    The mpc shows actual image.
    How can I take this image (mpc) and save as a pattern with the cutout and drill hole present.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Canemaker; 01-31-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add photo

what is the thickness of the wood you put in on your virtual board... when I made that piece I made it .25 thick meaning you would have use a sled with it to make the thicknss of min .5 thick if you want any thicker peice of wood you would have to use a board that size on your vitual board. I made the drill hole only .25 deep so it would not show through the cut out is the same only made it .25 deep so it wil not show through either if you use a thicker vitual board.
    Last edited by aokweld101; 01-31-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Can you put the one that you done in either 2.07 or the 1.87 I can't pull yours up .. 3.0 is on my wish...

and no I haven't looked into it yet, but I will.

Working Bead.mpcWorking Bead.mpc Ok give this a try. Give me a few minutes to recreate it into 1.187

To make the pattern finish your cut out and drill hole....select all.... go to the bottom of your group list and push group... go to the top of the list and push group with your right mouse button push group and make pattern and send it to your library

I have noticed that your virtual board is .5 thick, is that what your useing?

Quote Originally Posted by Canemaker View Post
    How can I take this image (mpc) and save as a pattern with the cutout and drill hole present.
    Thanks
    You cannot have a cutout as part of the pattern. Drill holes and bit paths can be part of the pattern but they will be carved with the carving bit, not cut with the same bits which were originally assigned. When you make a pattern, you are converting the group of objects into single raster pattern.

Your final ornament with cut out and drill through really has to be saved as a project file (.mpc)

Thanks for all the information.

Thank you Dan, you are so much better at explaning.... needless to say I was lost but I knew how to do it myself... thank you again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast