Thread: Making a simple Christmas Ornament

Default Making a simple Christmas Ornament

I trying for several hours to make a simple Christmas Ornament with no avial. I have all the necessary tools, but having a major brain fart.
    I have both 2d & 3d as well as 3.0. All I want to create is a carved region 2.5 in diameter circle with a arch at the top for the hook hanger. With an outside flip cut out. If any one has a few minutes to create this it would be greatly appreciated. It has taken me several hours and I'm still referring back to the drawing board. Thanks a million. I'm trying to create something by Feb 15 if all possible.

thanks again
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Canemaker View Post
    I trying for several hours to make a simple Christmas Ornament with no avial. I have all the necessary tools, but having a major brain fart.
    I have both 2d & 3d as well as 3.0. All I want to create is a carved region 2.5 in diameter circle with a arch at the top for the hook hanger. With an outside flip cut out. If any one has a few minutes to create this it would be greatly appreciated. It has taken me several hours and I'm still referring back to the drawing board. Thanks a million. I'm trying to create something by Feb 15 if all possible.

thanks again
    John
    Type in the search box up on the right side you should find all kinds
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I used the arc tool to make the circle and loop on top connected them and then the cut out. If you have the 3.0 program it should be easy make the two circles to size and use the trim tool to get rid of the extra arcs and do outline as a cut out I was just looking at the tutorial yesterday.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aokweld101; 01-30-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Aokweld101 Thanks a million that's exactly what I was looking for. Good hunting on your part today. I sent you a pm with my email address.
    Thanks John

It might cut a little faster using a pocket cut instead of a carve region for the center.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-30-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    Steve