Thread: Vector Groups Missing Parts

Default Vector Groups Missing Parts

I have an interesting problem. I built a project using vector groups of a University of Arizona Wildcat. Everything went well and I transferred it to the card and carved it. I opened the file again this morning and it had missing parts as you can see in the examples. I tried to duplicate the problem by correcting it, saving and exiting the program. When I opened the project again everything seemed okay. I had a similar problem yesterday when I was creating the original project but, I thought it was due to a deletion of the outside perimeter vector so I attributed it to user error. However, the problem reappeared today when I opened it for the first time. I'm still trying to figure out what caused the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After.png   Before.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-29-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    Steve

I have not seen that problem before. Are those your drawn in Designer vectors or dxf imported vectors?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I have not seen that problem before. Are those your drawn in Designer vectors or dxf imported vectors?
    I imported the vectors in from CorelDRAW. After importing a picture I used the trace bitmap functions and then exported them as a .DXF. Since the graphic was high-resolution it worked really well. The vectors worked really well in the vector group function in the Designer also. After uploading them to the data card the project carved flawlessly. I opened the project again just before typing this message and all appears okay. It seems that it just occurs randomly and I can't duplicate the problem. Maybe I need to try rebooting my computer. Attached is the MPC so someone else, other than me, may be able to figure it out.

Edit: after rebooting my computer I still cannot duplicate the problem again. Maybe I just spoke to soon. However, it did happen a couple of times yesterday.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-29-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Steve