Thread: software transfer

Default software transfer

I'm confused by Lynnfrwd's sticky saying that software is non transferable when purchasing a used machine. If I did buy a used machine and did already own a Carvewright machine, centerline, pattern editor etc. does that mean that I couldn't use my existing software to carve on this used unit? I would think that once the used machine is regisered to me that it would accept carving patterns as well as my original machine.

Lynnfrwd's statement is true for those who do not already own a machine.

In your case you are good to go. The machine does not know!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The way it works is simple. You may not transfer software to a buyer of a machine that has been registered by a previous owner (unregistered may be). Your own software is unaffected, as you are the registered owner. The machine will run right out of the box on your software, however if you like you may register the machine under your name to help with parts and in the case of theft may help locate, as they need to know name of previous owner to transfer over. The software you buy is yours to use on your machines, no matter how many, but you can not sell/transfer this software to anyone else.

Thanks much for the clarifications. My confusion is not necessarily unusual.