Thread: Can't find a saved project

Default Can't find a saved project

Hi Guys.
    I had a successful project (my first) saved in designer. I wanted to use that as a base for a different customer job so I pulled it up, "saved as" under its new name, did my initial modifications to it yesterday and saved it with plans of tackling it again today. This afternoon I visited the pattern depot, DL'd a couple turorials and misc stuff. Finally went into Designer to open my latest project only to find it's not there. When I open Recent projects it shows five different DL's but history does not go back far enough to pull up my "saved as" project nor can I find the original that I used as a base.

How do I find where these two actual projects are stored and get them back. Searching the forums for lost projects didn't do a whole lot of good>

Perhaps do a search on your C drive using the name you created or just *.mpc.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by hemisent View Post
    Hi Guys.
    I had a successful project (my first) saved in designer. I wanted to use that as a base for a different customer job so I pulled it up, "saved as" under its new name, did my initial modifications to it yesterday and saved it with plans of tackling it again today. This afternoon I visited the pattern depot, DL'd a couple turorials and misc stuff. Finally went into Designer to open my latest project only to find it's not there. When I open Recent projects it shows five different DL's but history does not go back far enough to pull up my "saved as" project nor can I find the original that I used as a base.

How do I find where these two actual projects are stored and get them back. Searching the forums for lost projects didn't do a whole lot of good>
    If you can't remember the name, click open in designer. Check in downloads, desktop or recent places. I don't think I was ever able to sit a defaultClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture example.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	73503
    thanks so much!
    karl

Save another project and watch where designer saves it. Your other project should also be there in the same dir.

Thank you! I saved a test project and followed it back to the source anf there were my two missing projects....Success! Just for kicks I tried a search of ".mpc" and found a number of the tutorial projects I'd been playing with which designer had saved in various places. No idea why Designer would save a project anywhere but a "projects" type of folder but at least now I can get back on track.

Thanks again..
    Cheers!