Thread: Unable to use software, Wants me to register all over again. Any ideas?

Default Unable to use software, Wants me to register all over again. Any ideas?

I booted up the PC this morning, the same one I have all my software installed on. I went to launch Designer 3 software and it asked me to register, etc using all the prompts. I tried every combination except new user. This includes registering the PC and adding license. Evidently I do not have a license available. I am out of town, so I don't have access to my Carvewright to find the license code they want. This is very frustrating because I have limited down time and like to work on projects off line. Is this a glitch? IS it a regular problem? I know I will have the answers tomorrow from Carvewright and it will get fixed. But how do I stop this from happening again or what do I need to carry with me all the time to make sure I have the right information?

Thanks
    Roy Fleshman
    Professional Sawdust Maker
    www.woodfleshcom

Roy,

Any chance your computer did some automatic updates? You can log into your customer account to get your machine ID.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes
    My computer did an automatic update. It has done this before without a problem. Maybe this is the issue. I tried to log on in the store and I don't see anything on machine ID. Is there somewhere else I need to log into? Thanks for all your help.
    Roy Fleshman
    www.woodfleshcom

I found the location to sign in. But I already have two licenses registered to the same computer, which is this one and no matter what I try it won't activate.
    Roy Fleshman
    www.woodfleshcom

You will need to call CarveWright on Monday to have them remove on of them so you can re register again.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks a lot for the input. I finally gave up. Not a happy camper with the amount of money I have spent. I really don't understand why this is so limiting and difficult. Time is limited and I really wanted to catch up on the new software.
    Roy Fleshman
    www.woodfleshcom

Feel your pain, been there done that, but the compute update is the root of the problem.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Every time I reboot my computer designer tells me I have to register. At first I thought it was the updates but I can reboot right now and it will do it. I just download and keep a license file on my computer and load it each time I reboot. I exchanged a few emails with support but nothing helped so I gave up for now.

Called Tech Support. They had to clear my account of computers and I re-registered. Simple process.
    Roy Fleshman
    www.woodfleshcom