Thread: z truck failure

Default z truck failure

Ok gurus, I got a z truck failed message,
    Running a project through that takes 15 hours. Have a vacuum cleaning above and below the machine so my projects stay fairly clean.
    I think i had this problem before and it was the tracking sensor in the back.
    Does this make sense?
    There was a code with the failure but i didn`t note what it was.
    Any help will be appreciated. This is the project i was talking about earlier this week where i put all the pieces of the clasy christmas wreath on one board. I haven't had any problems with it til now. The flex shaft is not getting hot either.
    Thanks

Could the truck have just bottomed out? Did you have a short bit?

Not that I know of. I am using a colett in a carve tight.

We had a problem last week with z stalls, I replaced the gear bearings, and realigned the truck took care of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbuck50 View Post
    Not that I know of. I am using a colett in a carve tight.
    Using a split collet with carbide bits is not recommended. I have done it and everything seemed okay most of the time but, occasionally the bit will slip in the collet. It sounds like this is what has happened to you.
    Steve

Ok thanks. I'll reset and try again.

The FFC Cable can be an issue too... since the drive power for the Z and the encoder feedback to the computer go through the cable. A snapped wire inside the FFC can touch and not touch depending on the head position and the flex cable flexes.... Plus damage on the bottom of the cable.

A Dirty Z Encoder can give the same problem.

So top 4...

FFC Cable as it is a "Consumable" and can flex only so many times before the copper wire snaps like bending home copper wire until it turns color and snaps... ANY sharp bends in the flex really shorten the life in the area that moves.

Dirty encoder.

Clear Disk on the Encoder is now spinning free on the motor shaft... a drop of glue fixes that.

And lastly... The Flex Drive outer has worn the top hat bearing and now "Droops" and on the up stroke hits the cover causing the error. Turn top hat 180 degrees.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03367_WEB.jpg   DSC03360_WEB.jpg   DSC03354_WEB.jpg   DSC03351_WEB.jpg  

DSC03352_WEB.jpg   DSC06551a_WEB.jpg   DSC01476_WEB.jpg   DSC06536_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-29-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com