Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new to me.

1. Default

Zan, got an email and my UPS will arrive monday..hope this will help. CW seems so sensitive with everything.

2. Default

Tried a carve today, in 9% of the project, i got Power Fluctuation error at least 40 times and reset each time. Finally gave up. Power UPS will be here tomorrow but im afraid there is more to it than that, never had this before, same machine location, same plug same everything. Hoping the backup works, in the middle of several Christmas projects.

Check for loose parts in power supply.

I think you have a very difficult problem to trouble shoot. It could be the power supply: bad solder or bad component. It could be somewhere in the machine: a short or component drawing too much.

Does it happen at random times or it there a pattern? At the beginning or end of a carving pass for instance?

5. Default

Seems to stop just as the bit gets down in the carve position. Still warranted so i will ship it back if i have to, hate to though, that will kill my Christmas projects

I had the same problem last year. Turned out to be a bad power supply. Replaced the power supply and problem has not been back since.

7. Default

FW, i called CW office and the tech i spoke to said it is definitely the power supply. I sure hope this type of thing is not typical of the machine, a power supply every 6 months will get over budget real quick, although this is a wwarranty item for me this time. Guess ill lose my virginity and have to take this thing apart, wow you have to be a service tech to be a carver, is this stuff typical of all cnc routers. Looks like there is always something wrong if you just read the forum's comments. Seems so delicate for the type of work it is designed to do, keep the saw dust down, it is a sawdust producing monster. Anyway thanks all on the tips. Maybe i will get back in business soon.
    Kinda reminds me of the old Harley Davidson's, buy 2, one to ride and one for parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12