Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracking mismatch?

Possible no flat board I see more than one type of wood planed flat and square?

Will that happen if you use the cutting bit instead of the carving bit.???

If you used the Cutting bit in a Carve Region the speed and cut will snap the cutting bit in seconds. The Carving Bit is heavier and designed to withstand the SIDE force... the cutting bit is brittle and snaps easily.

But since we are talking about outlined letters.....

IF I were doing this as outlined letters.... I would lay out the letters then select all and outline them. Go back and do any clean up of the lines and center of the letters then delet the first outline text. I would then select the outline lines and then the 1/4 inch bull nose bit AND set a shallow depth in a MULTI Pass... This will make the art look FAT... Ignore....

Then when actually cutting, use the 1/8th inch cutting bit.... NOT the 1/4 inch bull nose... This will "LIE" to the machine and the 1/8th bit will cut SLOWLEY around your text in multi pass leaving you with a nice sign. By lying the FEED RATE stays SLOW in 1st gear.... If you did the same in OUTLINE Mode it would likely shift into the higher feed rate making a not so nice cut like shown... Lots of splinters and tuff on the X Drive even causing the shift in X like seen..... Due to the faster FEED RATE.... Machine pushing the bit faster than it can cut....

Just my 2 cents...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-16-2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Al was not sure . Will keep this in my notes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12