Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: immporting a stl

1. Default

Here is my candy dish that I posted earlier without the name inserted in the ptn. The good thing about this one is you need no add ons and only designer 1.87 to use. It is set up for a 12x12 piece of 3/4 inch stock but because it is made with two seperate ptn files you can resize it with no problem. You can adjust depth to what ever thickness stock you use as well. You can use this however you want, sell it on ebay, give it your friends and enemy's, or put it in the trash bin of your computer. Happy Thanksgiving!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 1.22.37 PM.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	73002
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 3.58.18 PM.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CW-HAL9000; 11-23-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: mistake in mpc corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    Here is my candy dish that I posted earlier without the name inserted in the ptn. The good thing about this one is you need no add ons and only designer 1.87 to use. It is set up for a 12x12 piece of 3/4 inch stock but because it is made with two seperate ptn files you can resize it with no problem. You can adjust depth to what ever thickness stock you use as well. You can use this however you want, sell it on ebay, give it your friends and enemy's, or put it in the trash bin of your computer. Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachment 73001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 1.22.37 PM.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	73002
    Looks pretty good. Was the domed bottom in the upper right quadrant intended?
    Steve

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Looks pretty good. Was the domed bottom in the upper right quadrant intended?
    opps, I was playing around with the domes and must have left it on. Don't know how I missed it but the whole thing was rushed. Thanks for pointing it out. Here is the corrected version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 3.58.18 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 1.22.37 PM.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dan, I got the front as I want it (per your instructions) But I have one last question ..If you slice it at .75 for two pieces and your sweeps for the four compartments are at a depth of 1".. the bottom slice does not show the four sweeps on the bottom board I'm hoping it is easy fix...and as all the drawing that people are showing I thank you for your input it's not that I don't appreciate you help it is the idea that I learn this for myself... so thanks to every one ..I was thinking maybe that I'm not using my working thinkness right.... when I think about it the board is sliced at .75 for two pieces so it's not showing the 1/4 depth sweep on the on the bottom board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture top.PNG   Capture dish top.PNG   Capture bottom.PNG  
    Last edited by aokweld101; 11-23-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added pictures and text

Did you forget about the invert? The problem is that when the STL importer slices, it caps the openings. You have to have it inverted first, slice, flip, and in the end, invert again. (I think, now I might be getting confused!)

Dan..... I GOT IT !... I GOT IT !... YAHOOOO !... now only thing is how to put tabs on it. It's 1.5 thick all one piece..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front snip.PNG   snip bottom.PNG  

I thought you wanted to do two 3/4" pieces. That was the reason for the slicing!

After looking at it I wanted the four sweeps 1" deep and if I sliced it at .75 then my bottom board would not have the four sweeps that not would make the competed sweeps adding the .25 it was showing a flat board with the bottom curved.

You had to (with it inverted) slice 0.75 from the back! 0.25 from the front. I have done it. It can be done!

Here is what you should get. I put the both slices on one board for the screen capture.

I know you cannot give up!

Notice how there is less carving for the bit to do in the two layer method. Large pieces are removed instead of carved out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AokDish.png  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast