Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: immporting a stl

Dan, your last comment about me not given up.. made me laugh, but anyway... I know that you know what your doing or I wouldn't be asking. I did the STL slicing and somehow it didn't turn out anything like yours when I put the pattern on a .75 board I had the whole four sweeps through the board. Maybe by looing at what I come up with might help by what I'm doing.. showing on the snips is kinda what I thought it would look like. (before it came up.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snip front.PNG   snip back.PNG  

I looked at what you snip is and after looking at it again the 1st one is the back and the second one is the front. I had something like that when I was play with the STL splicing. Now I have to figure that out again.... good motto to go by . >DON"T NEVER GIVE UP.
    Last edited by aokweld101; 11-24-2014 at 12:15 PM.

I do not know exactly what you did but it looks close to what I have. I think there is some floor feather and feather which needs to be turned off. I will play some more when I get home.

Dan, I think I have what I was wanting been playing with it for the last day and half. But the last questions that I have is the cut outs.. on the first pattern the four sweeps, does that take the .75 depth all at once or a little or multiple passes... and can I do a regular cut out ? The second pattern is done from the backside and how do I do the cut out ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snip candy front.PNG   snip candy back.PNG  

I put the file in a zip folder and low and behold it worked...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thought I would bump this to see if someone could help, I need to know how to put tabs on both patterns

Sorry Aok, I do not think your slices are right yet. Go back and look at post 12. There are tabs there as well as the sliced parts the way I think they should be.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456