Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: immporting a stl

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    2D picture nothing to a 3d model..like apple to an orange
    In a lot of cases yes, In this case I can draw this in designer 1.87 and make it a pattern and have the exact same thing.

Thanks Dan.
    HAL hmmmm never seen a pattern you have made before, how about showing us your skills.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

3. Default

When I first got on here there was all kinds of battles over ebay sellers, remember eelamb you accussed me of being someone else? When I saw all that I decided to keep my identity to myself and stay out of that mess. That's why I don't make patterns and post them here. I am not a 3d designer but I can do a lot with basic designer and PE as well as paint shop pro and AI to MPC. I don't feel the need to prove anything here I am just tired of the battles that is why I chimed in here to begin with. I still say that most patterns created even by the masters here come from web sites and other places and they are just adept at creating 3d from those pics, dxf's, STL's, depth maps, and traditional woodworking patterns that are out there. And then somehow the creators think that they can take someone elses work, make CW patterns and mpc's , and Yell at others for taking their work. Can you really say you have never seen a candy dish like that before you made one? My grandmother had one on her kitchen table 50 years ago. I am not trying to piss you off or be rude but sometimes people on here take too much credit and don't have the right to point fingers or yell at others. Lets face it you guys made the recently closed website just so it could be a more exclusive club away from here. I also feel the senior members only forum was created for the same reason. To separate the riff raff, and yes I am one of the riff raff. Ok, I am stepping off my soapbox. The opinions expressed in the previous post were not those of this forum, companies affiliated and maybe not even anyone else except me.

Hal nothing was mentioned about copyright, I asked a simple question which Dan has answered. You took it where it is at now. So show us what you can do.
    If we took your view everything anyone has done, a tree, a brook, a picture taken of a field, these have all been seen and shown many times, what makes them different is how they were composed.
    Hal you have a nice thanksgiving.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

5. Default

you too, Happy Thanksgiving.

6. Default

Just for the hell of it here is a candy dish, made by me, which can be proved by the text that is part of the ptn itself. Made only on designer 1.87, no 3d or 2d tools or add ons not even Pattern editor. Made in 30 minutes or less.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hals dish front.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	72979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hals dish back.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	72980
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dan, I did what you said and somehow it doesn't look right...help!!!...lmao... I only done the top half but when I done the bottom it had a hole on the in all four centers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails candy dish snip.PNG   candy dish snip.1PNG.PNG  
    Last edited by aokweld101; 11-22-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Put a circle carve region over it with a height of 0.00. Apply clip exclusive to the circle. This should fill in the gaps between the sweeps. Now make the pattern including the circle. (I thought you were going to work on the simpler example!)

well Dan.... I thought I had it under control, (guess not!!!) ..lol

The problem is only that there is a gap between the sweeps. You do not notice it on the board since the top of the board fills the gaps. When you make the pattern, the top of the board is not included in the pattern. You can fill the gaps by using a 0.00 height circular carve region. It fills the gaps but, it also fills the candy cavities. Apply menu: Carving - Clip Carving - Clip Carving Exclusive to the circle and presto, the cavities come back. Now save it all as a pattern and you should be good to go.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast