Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cribbage board issues

Al,

I always use tape, but I will check my outfeed roller, that very well could be an issue.

Thanks

With very smooth wood on the bottom, I put a piece of tape in the center and the non brass roller edge to give the board some grip to the belts.

Also check the brass roller side of the machine for the screws in the bottom of the smooth rails being loose....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have not made cribbage boards before but I wonder about the order in which the holes are drilled. For vector curves, it matters how it is drawn in Designer. It will be cut in the same direction as it was drawn. I have redrawn curves many times just to change the cutting direction. One can, to some extent, plan how the cuts will go. One can, for example, avoid climb milling while cutting out pockets.

I was wondering about all these holes. Does the machine drill them in the same order as they were created? If so, careful layout of the holes could increase the accuracy of the drilling. Many vector operation problems are due to the software having to deal with x gear backlash. The more times the board changes directions, the more the errors can add up. If the holes were laid out so that the board did not change direction during drilling, there would be less error.

Someone who makes many cribbage boards should do some experiments to see if creation order and drill order are the same.

4. Default

Excellent observation and theory bergerud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12