Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotating designs (groups)

Default Rotating designs (groups)

All-

Is there a easy/quick way to rotate a group of designs 90 degrees?

I was asked to cut the included design but to include it on the board with another design that is already at a different angle.

Basically I just need to know if there is a way to rotate the design so I don't have to redraw it at the different angle.

Thanks

Todd
    Attached Files Attached Files

There is no way. Sorry but you cannot get there from here! If you really need it rotated, you will have to redraw it. I have had to do that many times.

Thats too bad

Looks like a suggestion for carvewright to include in next software improvement.

If the patterns are yours, not purchased or downloaded, you can make the group into a pattern and position it anyway you want. You will have to find a way to make any vectors into a carved area and outline them then delete the carved out area.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by nickels76 View Post
    Thats too bad

Looks like a suggestion for carvewright to include in next software improvement.
    It has been suggested several improvements ago so don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    There is no way. Sorry but you cannot get there from here! If you really need it rotated, you will have to redraw it. I have had to do that many times.
    If you have to redraw it I would suggest doing it in Corel Draw, Illustrator, Aspire, Art Cam, or some other program that has good vector handling tools . Then, import it into the designer.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    If you have to redraw it I would suggest doing it in Corel Draw, Illustrator, Aspire, Art Cam, or some other program that has good vector handling tools . Then, import it into the designer.
    I like things to be all done in Designer so they are easy to edit. I get tired of going around external program "edit loops".

Other than maybe the propeller wings, there is nothing on this design that can't easily be done in Designer.

Here is a propeller pattern: https://store.carvewright.com/produc...08&cat=&page=1

There are wings on the Depot, too.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 10-24-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Other than maybe the propeller wings, there is nothing on this design that can't easily be done in Designer.

Here is a propeller pattern: https://store.carvewright.com/produc...08&cat=&page=1

There are wings on the Depot, too.
    Except rotate it.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I like things to be all done in Designer so they are easy to edit. I get tired of going around external program "edit loops".
    I agree. It is a pain in the neck. But, I rarely create a design that is perfect the first time and a third party program allows me to "tweek" instead of starting over.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast