Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using a scanned file.

Thanks Dan,

I get requests to carve on gun stocks all the time but have not wanted to attempt it as most of them are $200 a piece or more. I also have a stratocaster body to carve on that I can use this method on.
    I was waiting until I had some input as to how to attack it.

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Thanks for showing us the mask trick. Some times I have trouble getting into pattern editor. It says the patterns belong to someone else. Also you can outline a pattern and use the 3d sweep for a feather effect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture carved stock.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	72363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture carved stock 2.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	72364
    thanks so much!
    karl

I'm having one of those days where I've lost my head somewhere. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make this pattern carve deeper into the stock, I don't have the 3D sweep tool and I can't make the pattern follow the curve of the stock. I did a test carve on an old stock and the head of the eagle washes out. I'm using Bergerud's file, any help would be thankful.
    Been dealing with my sister in laws death the past few days and having those brain fart days.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12