Thread: Need some help for a pattern for my dad

Default Need some help for a pattern for my dad

Dad tasked me with making a pattern of his brand. I am absolutely having a brain lock. I tried to go into pattern editor to create it, and hit a roadblock. I was able to create an mpc of what it needs to look like. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me here? Thank you all!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try this, I added a bit to the pattern.

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

If you are looking for help, Posting a image would help those using the basic software.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Couldn't open it ,,, Sorry ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Not sure what is going on with this file. I couldn't open the attachment by blhutchins either. The "brand" is a capital H. On the left upright of the H a backward capital F is attached. On the right upright of the H, a P is attached. SO, what you see is the H, with the two horizontal lines of the capital F to the left (backwards) and the loop of the P to the right of the H...if that makes sense. Boy, for a simple project, this thing has turned into a mess. I appreciate that you guys have helped. Thanks!

Tadperry,

Would this MPC file (Ver. 1 Designer) be what you are trying to achieve. It is made with inverted Arial Text, overlapped and engraved 1/4" into the board.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Quote Originally Posted by tadperry View Post
    Not sure what is going on with this file. I couldn't open the attachment by blhutchins either. The "brand" is a capital H. On the left upright of the H a backward capital F is attached. On the right upright of the H, a P is attached. SO, what you see is the H, with the two horizontal lines of the capital F to the left (backwards) and the loop of the P to the right of the H...if that makes sense. Boy, for a simple project, this thing has turned into a mess. I appreciate that you guys have helped. Thanks!
    Is this what you are looking for?

I made a pattern and put the "F" and "P" in the background so you can see the "H" - hope this helps. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FHP Logo_DISP-cw.PNG   FHP LOGO flat.PNG   FHP LOGO DISP.PNG   FHP Logo.bmp  

FHP Logo_DISP.bmp  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 10-19-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

That's exactly it BJ. Thank you all so much for your help! I was able to save it and get it to him and he is greatly appreciative!

Okay, so I showed this to dad and he wanted to know if it could be made with thinner lines...like just a thin line instead of block letters? I really appreciate the help! Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this myself (and create a pattern)? That is the hitch for me, creating the actual pattern. Thanks again!